close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ptc and malls

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by userfriendly, Sep 8, 2007.

1. userfriendly

userfriendly
    Expand Collapse

Q: if you are carrying and need to go inside a mall or similar place where you can not carry, do you:
    a. leave you FA in the car
    b. deposit it with the guard

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. neil

neil
    Expand Collapse

I carry it with me.

3. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

If you deposit it with the guard, make sure he or she issues a receipt and make sure you get the full name of the guard. As per PTC regulations, you can't carry them inside the mall.

4. 3kings

3kings
    Expand Collapse
    SalingPusa

i will leave it in the car.

check the back of your ptc i know its written there regarding entering establishments.

5. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19
    Expand Collapse
    Toink!

SM Malls, U can bring it inside the mall but you have to log-in your name sa logbook ng guard.
    Glorieta or any other Ayala Malls, bawal talaga magpasok.

6. bmag

bmag
    Expand Collapse

That's right, SM guards allow you to carry basta i-log lang.
    One Robinson Galleria guard let my buddy with carry to pass thru while asking me to deposit mine. Ok daw pag di halata. Pag bakat pagagalitan sila ng supervisor pag nakita.

I figure mas importante yung carry when getting back into the parked car rather than iwanan lang sa kotse.

7. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik
    Expand Collapse

ako nung may ptc pa, dala ko sa lahat ng malls. inilalagay ko sa bag ng mga baby ko para di halata. di na sila nag kakapkap pag mga damit ng bata dala ko.:supergrin:

8. kcboy

kcboy
    Expand Collapse
    CHEEPUCK.COM

ako, i leave it in the car especially if i am parked in the covered parking lot of the mall, but if i park in the open lot, i usually carry my gun inside the mall, using an ankle holster. i dont intend to use it, it's just that im uncomfortable leaving my FA in the open parking lot.:)

9. G19cPH

G19cPH
    Expand Collapse

As per your experience which malls allow to carry and do not:

Allow:
    1.SM malls
    2.MCS
    3.?
    4.?

Does not allow:
    1.Glorietta
    2.?
    3.?
    4.?

What about powerplant,hp,v-mall,promenade,cinemas inside malls,gateway,shang,market-market,allimall.....

10. 3kings

3kings
    Expand Collapse
    SalingPusa

bro g19c looks like may mall tour ka:)

11. toxic

toxic
    Expand Collapse

mukha kase akong holdupper ,so when i go to malls in manila, i just leave it in the Car with a trusted friend roaming around the parking lot to prevent any abala or sita.

12. jerrytrini

jerrytrini
    Expand Collapse

Mall guards do not frisk below your waist. They search your carry ons and around your waistband only, this method of search is not a search at all. My FA is in an ankle holster all the time. My 2 cents.

13. horge

horge
    Expand Collapse
    -=-=-=-=-
    Lifetime Member

Basic rule of thumb is:

If the mall has a tenant gun store, they will allow licensed CCW.
    If however you cannot CC your W, meaning it prints blatantly
    through your clothing, you will have to deposit the piece.

Manong Jerry is spot on about ankle holsters, although I can't
    wear one for very long without getting a cramp in my hip.

14. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

When I went home in June, the guards at Greenbelt all the way to SM (neat, they interconnected the malls), had metal detectors. I don't know if they diligently use them.

15. riddler

riddler
    Expand Collapse

If it is printing through your clothing,.... you are not CCing your W.

I can't understand why some go through the guise of trying to conceal it and then make it obvious that they are carrying a weapon.

:shakehead:

16. jerrytrini

jerrytrini
    Expand Collapse

It is just getting used to wearing it. I remember the first day I wore it with my SW Airlite. It was uncomfortable at first but I got used ot it real fast because I always wear my shirt tucked in and besides, I do not fancy wearing belt or IWB holsters. I do however carry a speed strip for reload.

Gentlemen and ladies, regardless of holster you wear, get used to it and practice drawing your handgun from any position and angle. Practice, practice and more practice.

When I patrol the east side of my division, sometimes my gun was unholstered resting btwn my legs.

17. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

I asked one high-ranking PNP officer, and he says carrying in a mall is a no-no. A mall is included in the definition "amusement place". So I leave it in the car. MCS however could be a different thing.

Before this, my experience was when I entered SM Manila. The guards didn't spot my piece, but uncovered my spare mags. Took quite a lot of explaining before they allowed me in.:upeyes:

18. userfriendly

userfriendly
    Expand Collapse

Its too bad that my FA is a full size 9mm and will not fit in an ankle holster.

I also know that malls are "ammusement places" and considered restricted areas sa PTC. Thats the reason for this question. I dont want to violate the PTC rules. At the same time I'm not comfortable with leaving it with the guards or inside the car.

19. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

If you don't want to feel "naked", one solution would be one of those miniature .32s or .380s by Beretta, Kel-Tec or NAA, in a pocket holster. The cursory search of the mall guards I experience might not uncover them. However, if you have to draw it for the purpose for which you are carrying it, that is, to save your life, you may live, but you will be in deep legal doo-doo for not declaring it; also all those hoplophobes will be crying for your hide for "making the mall a dangerous place" with your little .32.

I wish the malls would adopt a PTC-friendly policy, for those with nefarious purposes don't even bother with a PTC or a mall restriction anyway...:supergrin:

20. G19cPH

G19cPH
    Expand Collapse

+1

If the mall that im going to have a covered parking area i'll just leave my FA inside the car if not i think i'll adopt the ankle holster.