close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PSA thread got me thinkin..

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Fwdftw, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airhasz

Airhasz
    Expand Collapse

Ah, I'll watch that in the future..lol

What drives me nuts is Javilin's avatar....lol

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Fwdftw

Fwdftw
    Expand Collapse

lol:rofl:

3. Fwdftw

Fwdftw
    Expand Collapse

im beginning to think that i dont need a CHF barrel if i have to wait 2 weeks for it.. I guess im impatient.

4. MD357

MD357
    Expand Collapse

FWIW, I just got an email today that my upper is being shipped.

I placed my order Monday.

5. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cool, I ordered mine Sunday and still nothing. Granted I had to have them make a correction to the order due to my mistake so hopefully it doesn't set me back too much.

6. Chowser

Chowser
    Expand Collapse

that is probably just the automated UPS system PSA has set up.

Last time they said uppers are taking the 15 days to build.

Check your UPS tracking #, more than likely, you will not see any movement on it until you get closer to the 15 day mark.

This is one of the things that they state that their system automatically prints a UPS label, it stays with the order while being built.

FWIW, all of my complete upper or rifle kit orders, I got the UPS tracking # within a day, but no movement until the build time they quote.

Lots of people get the UPS # within days of placing the order then get angry and upset when they see no movement. Most then promptly go over to ar15.com, register an account and whine and complain at PSA in the industry forum.

at the bottom of each upper page:

*Please allow up to 15 business days for your Complete Assembled Upper to ship from our facility. Holiday and special lead times can be longer*

Shipping labels are created shortly after orders are placed. Shipping labels update when the product leaves our facility and are en route to their destination. You will be emailed tracking information when the order leaves our facility, however if you receive one shortly after you place your order and it remains dormant, don’t be alarmed. Your tracking information will be updated when it leaves our facility and is still subject to the aforementioned lead time. If your tracking number goes beyond the listed lead time please get in contact with us via email or phone and we will look into your issue.

Signature required on delivery.

Just be patient, it'll get there and you'll be grinning from ear to ear.

#86 Chowser, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  7. Fwdftw

Fwdftw
    Expand Collapse

Have you seen any movement md357?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. DaleGribble

DaleGribble
    Expand Collapse
    Sandwich!

I'm not trying to sound like a ****** or anything but jeez dude, take a pill. It will eventually ship and you'll have a good upper at a great price.

My prison social worker gave me some advice once during an anger management class, maybe it will help you out...

See, stop, let it be, let it go.

9. Fwdftw

Fwdftw
    Expand Collapse

I was just asking lol I'm stocked up on chill pills

10. GSSF17

GSSF17
    Expand Collapse
    ...2 of 'em

You will wait 2 weeks on ANY upper you order from them. They build and test each one. Trust me, worth the wait, and you will not find a better deal on a CHF upper anywhere. Oh, and yes, "your Effing out!" :rofl:

11. MD357

MD357
    Expand Collapse

Nope, but it's 9am here and I had no idea about the whole "we shipped your stuff but not really" email.

I guess I'm not going to war anytime soon so I'm fine waiting if that's the case. :cool:

12. bmoore

bmoore
    Expand Collapse

The shipping email is the only thing that is a bummer. You guys wont see any movement on the shipping page for probably 8-10 days.

13. michael_b

michael_b
    Expand Collapse
    BRC #1492

I work in the logistic industry and this is normal. I also ran a distribution center and we would do the exact same thing.

Get the label printed and ready and then wait for the item to be ready.

The reason it shows in UPS is that unlike FedEx, as soon as you print out a shipping label UPS bills your UPS account number. Once you close out your shipping for the day, and upload the data to UPS(manifest), it's as if the package has shipped.

FedEx does not bill you until the package has been scanned at pick up and that's why they don't show up in their system until shipped.

It's also a great audit point for 3PAs to go after. Many shippers print labels that are never used yet are still billed for them.

Posted from my iPhone

#93 michael_b, Apr 26, 2012
  14. OdinIII

OdinIII
    Expand Collapse

I'm on day 15 on a rifle kit. Maybe today is the day.

I ordered a mid-length light profile. I didn't research but I'm hoping for a govt. profile under the hand guards and a slightly smaller than .750 in front of the FSB.

15. bmoore

bmoore
    Expand Collapse

That's what it will be. I can caliper it tomorrow when I get home from work. Its not a pencil barrel. You can certainly feel the taper after the FSB.

#95 bmoore, Apr 26, 2012
  16. punkey71

punkey71
    Expand Collapse

I posted the factual information he had no clue existed. It's not decaf I need. Perhaps I only desired other posters with knowledge....?

17. punkey71

punkey71
    Expand Collapse

Obviously you're not...trying desperately to find a way to convince the folks that come here for factual information you are not completely ignorant when it comes to the AR-15 system.

18. punkey71

punkey71
    Expand Collapse

To be a really totally awesome interwebs stalker you should probably call Fredericiskburg Fire Department and ask about me.

Of course the fact that I don't work there is irrelevant. Perhaps the little tid-bit that F'Burg is within 1 hour of the greater Washington, DC area escapes someone from a small department. Some of us have to live an hour or more from our job.

Please search BMoore's lie regarding his employment. It's quite entertaining.

He's an ambulance driver. Not a fireman.

19. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

Well, this thread has turned out well...

20. punkey71

punkey71
    Expand Collapse

I realize you are one of the truly knowledge folks that frequent this forum.

Bmoores complete lack of knowledge of the AR platform combined with personal BS put me over the edge.

I'm not claiming to be as knowledgeable as you or others but I feel, at times, I brought something to the table. The complete fan-boy, ignorant crap turned me off a bit ago. I check in once in a while to see if folks like yourself and others still tried to help but rational, educated advice is scarce.

Not having real world feedback is fine but here it seems simply making crap up equals sound research or better yet, expertise.

The SME's left for a reason.