close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Protective Orders and guns

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JuneyBooney, Oct 2, 2013.

1. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    been posted and spoken on here plenty times. a woman scorned and one that makes up stories is believed by LEO 98% of time . a woman cries and cops melt.
    been thru it myself with false crap being filed . and i had witnesses :faint:

the DV LAWS in effect now are complete and utter BS .

there are several gters who have had same problem , its a national problem

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  2. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Mar 1, 2012
    The Rust Belt.
    Here's a tip for you guys who think this is BS.

Don't fall in love with crazy women, don't knock them up, don't live with them and certainly don't marry them.

You know a woman is crazy or not after a short period of time. You have no one to blame but yourself.

They are "shall arrest" laws because enough guys who thought she was the only slice of pie in the world went off and killed them.

I've said it before here: I've taken just as many women to jail as well. If a man and woman wanna get drunk and beat the snot out of each other for fun and then one gets mad and calls us, you're both going. **** you, I'm not here to referee two idiots swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool.

We determine a primary physical aggressor based on training and experience.

If the back of your hand is all busted up and her face looks like she went ten rounds with Tyson, you're going to jail. She didn't just hit a door or is a clumsy girl.

In short, be civilized. If she wants to go ride another horse, swallow your pride and cut her loose.

3. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    dv laws are BS

[​IMG]

4. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Mar 1, 2012
    The Rust Belt.
    You're right.

Any coward who hits a woman should be charged with felonious assault and sit in the joint for a couple years.

I'd ask you to articulate why you feel that way but id probably just get a bunch of insults and ". . .".

If you disagree with a law, lobby to have it rewritten. If she files a false police report against you, press charges.

5. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    you were told awhile back not to post to me or bout me or anything . follow the rules chief :wavey:

6. Don't hit someone of the opposite sex. Other than that, I agree with what you posted.

7. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Mar 1, 2012
    The Rust Belt.
    A lot of people these days are lacking on "the golden rule".

8. I agree with your comment about avoiding crazy. But, much like when people get mugged in high crime areas, sometime it just happens.

A lot of the hate in this thread stems from the fact that all it takes is one little(little may be the wrong word) lie, and your right to ever own a gun again could be put in jeopardy, forever. Not to mention the fact that there is a stigma attached to DV and restraining orders that makes other people look upon you as low life, even though you may be 100% innocent.

Unfortunately, false accusations are not an uncommon trick in divorce/custody cases.

9. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    bingo

10. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Mar 1, 2012
    The Rust Belt.
    Not at all. Which is why te advice of "GTFO" is a good one to heed.

People call us all the time for cheap crap like "he dropped the kids off ten minutes late, I want a report!" Well, you're not getting one, good night.

People use us as leverage, which is why I prefer to take both to jail if at all possible.

11. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    and unfortuantely all it takes is a girl /woman, girl friend or wife to get mad and LIE . and then its on cuzzz.

its kinda like sexual predators

a woman sleep s with much younger man is looked at as cool , or light or no jail time

man sleeps with much younger girl their ass is grass

same as DV , im betting that the ratio for men getting the worse end of a stick is 5 times higher then a womans .

12. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

It cuts both ways. Lots of guys lie about what their partner did/didn't do, said/didn't say.

In short, people have issues, people can't get along. It's not about gender, it's about people.

As said above, GTFO is great advice, handed out many many many times well before someone gets an order on them, or arrested, yet is rarely heeded.

I could post pages of things that would put daytime soaps to shame, but are real.

Short anecdote: One fine afternoon I was sitting in the halls of misery (court house, outside the family court) waiting to testify in a criminal hearing in the next courtroom.

I saw a man in a state of anxiety surrounded by his family/friends as he spoke to what may have been an attorney or "advice" person. It was clear he was there on a hearing to determine child support.

His tale........ at the important part, was that he was just praying that her period was only a bit late, as he planned to break up with her once it did... but it didn't and here they are.

So this guy, is in a poisonous/toxic relationship (his words/description of her/them), he's fully planning on and committed to breaking up with her, can't stand her..... but will continue to **** her. :faint:

Yeah. Bet he's bitter too on how the "system is stacked against him".

13. whoops dude

whoops dude

Jul 17, 2011
    I try my best to avoid toxic women/relationships but sometimes you just can't see the crazy. It literally comes out of nowhere and even if you cut ties right there and then, it doesn't stop the other person from dreaming something crazy up. Which is why I would like the burden of proof to be a little more than just "what she said".

14. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    :goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

It is. No, I don't always agree with some of the orders I've seen granted, and also would like a better "filter" applied.
    But it's simply not true that just because someone asks for an order they get one granted.

JMHO (and real world experience).

16. whoops dude

whoops dude

Jul 17, 2011
    I was referring to things other than court orders as well. Forgive me for not making it clear.

17. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

You could add my post as to addressing those things as well.

Humans want to make things as simple as Black/White, but there are shades of grey in everything.

18. jp3975

jp3975

Nov 13, 2008
    Texarkana, Tx
    I think the main point here is that you shouldnt be able to arrest/confiscate guns because a girl said a guy did something with only her word as evidence.

Its pretty wild that on a whim if someone doesnt like you for whatever reason, they can just make up a story and off to jail you go.

19. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    I believe the wife is blessed to be alive at this point due to the system working on behalf of the victim for a change.

Good on the courts, the Cops, and the wife.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013