close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Property size for shooting?

Discussion in 'Heart of Dixie Glockers' started by Ralff, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Ralff

Ralff

Sep 10, 2008
    Central FL
    Does anyone know what the minimum size your property needs to be in order to shoot your firearms in your own yard? I've been searching high and low for a statute covering this issue but have been unable to find one. The closest thing I've found is the law regarding firing over a road.

P.S. Roll Tide! :supergrin:

2. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

Mar 21, 2000
    Alabama
    Generally, you cannot shoot within 50 yards of a public road, or within 100 yards of an occupied dwelling. Both are DCNR "hunting" regs. There are some exceptions to both though.

I am not aware of any state law that addresses the specific size of a piece of property for use as a firing range. Local ordinances may very well address that issue though. Also look into laws regarding discharging a firearm within city limits, reckless endangerment, and noise issues.

3. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    "Generally, you cannot shoot within 50 yards of a public road, or within 100 yards of an occupied dwelling. Both are DCNR "hunting" regs. There are some exceptions to both though."

That's what I was going to say.

ps WAR EAGLE!