close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Property size for shooting?

Discussion in 'Heart of Dixie Glockers' started by Ralff, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Ralff

Ralff
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know what the minimum size your property needs to be in order to shoot your firearms in your own yard? I've been searching high and low for a statute covering this issue but have been unable to find one. The closest thing I've found is the law regarding firing over a road.

P.S. Roll Tide! :supergrin:

2. h2o-5o

h2o-5o
    Expand Collapse
    Owned by Pugs

Generally, you cannot shoot within 50 yards of a public road, or within 100 yards of an occupied dwelling. Both are DCNR "hunting" regs. There are some exceptions to both though.

I am not aware of any state law that addresses the specific size of a piece of property for use as a firing range. Local ordinances may very well address that issue though. Also look into laws regarding discharging a firearm within city limits, reckless endangerment, and noise issues.

3. mossy500camo

mossy500camo
    Expand Collapse
    ammo found

"Generally, you cannot shoot within 50 yards of a public road, or within 100 yards of an occupied dwelling. Both are DCNR "hunting" regs. There are some exceptions to both though."

That's what I was going to say.

ps WAR EAGLE!