Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Proper spring weight for model 34

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by RICKSR, Apr 13, 2011.

May 28, 2010
    EAST HAVEN, CT.06513
    I have a new model 34 and just added on a Lone Wolf threaded barrel with a Major type comp. It will function most of the time,about 85-90% with factory ammo but not all of the time. It said in there ad when using this Major comp you need to use the following. LWD Compensator 9mm Major 1/2 x 28</SPAN>
    Light loads, reduced power loads and standard ammunition WILL NOT RUN RELIABLY. You must use +P, +P+, 9mm Major, or 357 Sig loads with this compensator. I do not have a source for this ammo and the ones i found were cost prohibited. Also i can reload but i do not want to run the gun that hot all of the time. 1st question. What is the stock weight of the model 34 recoil spring. #2. What recoil spring weight would be safe and is reccomened to drop down to for reliable use and not hurt or damage the gun. I generally use the least expensive such as Blazer 115 ge FMJ or any other brand such as Rem/UMC., Win/USA. or American Eagle etc. I do not like using Wolf or any other of that super hot russian stuff. It gives me the willies. Any and all help appreicated. Thanks, Rick Sr.:wavey: