Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

ProMag Archangel or Boyd's Evolution SS?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Ironbar, Jun 27, 2012.

1. I am torn between these two stocks for my Ruger 10/22. Anyone have any suggestion or pros vs. cons? Much obliged!

Archangel Deluxe:

Evolution SS:
  2. The laminated looks better, but I think the synthetic has a lot to offer. There are several sling points, the butt-plate is easily adjustable for length of pull and it comes with a barrel-tension block, that can be adjusted without dis-assembly so you can play with upward pressure on the barrel, which sometimes has a dramatic impact on accuracy.

If you want to try one, I have an extra (sold the barrel/action) I'd sell for $69 shipped.

My other one is NOT for sale.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

3. PhantomF4E

Aug 24, 2010
    South Florida
    Tell ya what it makes the gun heavy but the Archangel is a nice solid stock . balanced and stable .
  4. mchamm22

Jul 5, 2012
    Just ordered the ProMag and haven't received it yet but I have heard plenty of good things about it. I do like the look of the laminated stocks a little more but I didn't want to have to worry about scratches/dings. The extended mag release and bolt buffer that comes with the ProMag is a plus, too.
  5. I think I would have been happy with either one really, but I went with the Boyd's Evolution SS. I have never shot a rifle more accurately as I did when I put that stock on!