close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Project portable target stand: complete

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Bow Commander, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Mar 23, 2010
    Orygun
    Hey all,

With the help of the interwebz, I headed to my nearest Jerry's Home Improvement store last night and bought: (2) T fittings (4) elbows (4) 16" pieces (2) 20" pieces (2) 24" pieces, and an 8' dowel rod 1 1/2" thick cut in half.

Add piece of cardboard and paper targets and you get:

[​IMG]

I didn't use glue so if the wood or one of the pieces gets hit, it'll be cheap and easy to replace. Can't wait to take it out!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012

2. Haldor

Haldor Retired EE

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Arizona
    That looks very nice.

I have a really nice metal frame stand that I use. So far it is holding up very well, I had a frame strike recently (9mm FMJ) and it barely made a dent.

I will need to take a pic of it since I can't find any on-line.

3. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

Nice job. Have been looking to build something similar myself. I like the idea of using wood uprights.

4. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Mar 23, 2010
    Orygun
    Thanks for the feedback everybody!

Not bad for about $28 in parts. I even had the gentleman at Jerry's cut the PVC to length for me. He made a quicker job of it then I could have.

I like the wood uprights idea too, this way I can either clamp the cardboard to the poles or staple it if I want. And it won't shatter if it gets shot. It also adds some heft to the whole thing to keep it steady in wind.