Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Problems with Walther PK380 and reloads

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by ARSMITH, Nov 10, 2011.

ARSMITH CenterFireBrass

Feb 10, 2011
    So I recently picked up a new Walther PK380. I have been loading for many years and have run into a few issues that I was able to solve with reloads. ie small base sizing on 308 and things like that.

I decided to load some ammo for my new toy. I load up two different kinds of bullets. 1) 2.7Gr titegroup on CCI standard small pistol primers with a 95gr Cast lead RN bullet cast from my commercial casting maching using Magma molds. 2) 2.7gr titegroup on CCI standard small pistol primers with a 100gr Berry's MFG plated bullet.

I go out to the backyard and test fire the loads. They appear to cycle just fine and I sit down and load up 1,000 of each. I then go out to the range, and go shooting. After shooting a few rounds I got one casing that did not extract after being shot. The slide however did blow all the way back and tried to load another round. I cleared the jam and went back to shooting. This happened MULTIPLE times. I would say this started happening close to 3-5 times in a 8rd clip on average. What is funny though is sometimes I would load a clip and it would all cycle just fine, and then the next clip every other one would jam. It's intermittent. :steamed: I have shot factory ammo through this gun and all function just fine. I even sent the gun back to Walther and they sent it back saying it functions flawlessly.

Does anyone have any experience loading for this gun? And what did you do? I have loaded 75k+ rounds for my guns on my Dillon 650. Never have I had this much trouble loading for a gun.