close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Problems with new Lone Wolf barrel

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Buckeye 7x57, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Buckeye 7x57

Buckeye 7x57

Dec 9, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I recently installed a 5.15" Lone Wolf barrel in my G20SF and a 22lb. Recoil spring. I went to the range yesterday with a box of Underwood 200 grain XTP loads. About 50% were fail to feeds. Does this barrel need to be broken in or am I going to have to do something else? Has anyone else had similar problems with a Lone Wolf barrel? Ron

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    First try it with ammo like Remingtom, CCI Blazer or Federal to see how it runs with those. Have you tried the barrel using your factory recoil system and springs? Some people have had issues using aftermarket recoil systems and springs.
    Underwood is good ammo but the impulse is far greater than lesser commercial ammo.

It does seem like you're having a slide timing issue...

3. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    I know it's close to deer season, and guessing that's why you have that setup. I have the identical, and it has run perfectly since day one. Not that it helps you any. Some barrels need a little breaking in, some don't.

What I would do is first, put your factory barrel in and see how it runs with your spring set up. If flawless, try some more rounds through the LW, and see if it starts running properly.

Lets face it, if your using it in a couple of weeks, for gun season, the first shot, is the one that matters most, and, it's too close to season to resolve with sending it back!

After the season, if your not happy, send it back, but before you do, contact JR, and tell him your concerns. He is top notch, and will make it right. Good luck!

4. Buckeye 7x57

Buckeye 7x57

Dec 9, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I took my G20SF to the range again today. Started off with 25 rounds of 200 grain Blazer, then 20 rounds of Hornady 180 grain XTP, then finished with 10 rounds of Underwood 200 grain XTP. Not even a hiccup. Must have needed a little breaking in. Thanks for the comments. Ron

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire