Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Problems with Federal, Ammo and Support

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by ssubdio, Feb 14, 2013.

  1. ssubdio


    Dec 24, 2012
    Had a KB with older Federal Hydra-Shok .40 ammo 165 gr. After searching for a while on random websites, turns out this ammo had a lot of problems with case separation for the lot numbers that I had. Plenty of Glock .40 KB's all directly related to this ammo.

    Mailed my gun to Glock, they repaired it for free (was 2 weeks old). They gave me a direct phone number to a customer support guy named "Gary" at federal. Called this number and left a message. Never heard anything back. Called a few more times and left a couple more messages, still nothing. Got ahold of their customer service center, but I've tried calling for a couple weeks now and haven't had anyone answer the phone or call me back on messages that I've left. I also tried emailing them through the website and haven't heard anything back from them. I'm just trying to get solid information about the plenty of ammo that I have and don't want to use.

    Has anyone else had an awful, or I guess non-existent experience with Federal?

    Phone numbers I have are

    Gary: 763-323-3705 - Called first time over christmas, message said he was away until the 2nd. Called after the 2nd and he had a new message recorded, but had not returned my phone call or acknowledged my call at at.

    General custom support: 866-223-9388
  2. SCmasterblaster

    SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

    Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Good luck to you dealing with an uncooperative Federal.

  3. unit1069


    Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    Send Federal a registered letter, keep a copy and the post office receipt.
  4. Tiro Fijo

    Tiro Fijo

    May 31, 2011
    Call 800-322-2342 and ask to be transferred to him. Leave a message that if you do not receive a response within 24 hours that you will be calling CEO Mark W. Deyoung to report all that has transpired including Gary's name & negligence.

    You'll get a call back.
  5. Manco


    Jan 22, 2013
    And ask for lifetime supply of HSTs.
  6. SCmasterblaster

    SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

    Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    good idea!!!!