Problems sending pictures through cell phone

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Jade Falcon, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I have a flip up LG phone from Verizon, and my friend has a smart phone using a service in Britain. I'm stateside. In the past, we've sent a couple of pictures just fine. But now it's not working.

Any ideas? I'm not sure what service he has, and it's his sister's phone, so he doesn't know either. Could the pictures just be taking a while to get here?

Do we need to free up memory on our phones?

Thanks.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Fiat Chrysler's got problems The Okie Corral Monday at 9:28 AM
    Have all the problems been worked out with the Gen 4 9mm General Glocking Saturday at 10:35 AM
    Lee Safety Prime problems Reloading Jun 22, 2015
    Anyone else have problems with Tula SPP? Reloading Jun 17, 2015
    Printer problems Tech Talk Jun 8, 2015

3. No.. the pics would go thru almost as fast as a normal text... ( slight larger takes longer)
    It's prob more likely his service ( or yrs ) doesn't allow pic messgs thru.

Check it with a local... send the same text messg to him and a local ( 2 names ) at the same time... see if they go thru.

Then do the same with a small pic messg ( dual addressed ) see if they make it.

It will tell u which side is blocking the pics or texts.... prob his side as gsm is very popular overseas and verizon is cmda... sometimes going intertnational just doesn't fly well.

As to memory.. older phone , maybe

#2 tom mac, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  4. Texting attachments, e.g. images, are sent by Internet and ruled by the data plan, the Internet access setup.

Lots of possibilities. Perhaps his sister dropped her data plan or her data limit was met for the month. Or, new restrictions were put in place for international data transfers by the British carrier.

Try having him switch to Wi-Fi on the phone while texting images to you. Smartphone Wi-Fi is not under the data plan and unaffected by data plan limits.