Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Problem with PNY SD cards

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Green_Manelishi, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Anyone else have a problem with that brand? I bought two, new, PNY SDHC 4GB cards. Neither of them works. Good thing I decided to try them before I needed to use them.
  2. Glkster19

May 12, 2001
    Lansing, MI
    Watch the SanDisk website. They frequently have rebates on their cards which make them as cheap or cheaper than others. Even if they are a couple dollars more they're worth it. It's all I've ever used in both my p&s and DSLR's, never a problem in 4-5 yrs. Last fall I bought ExtremeIII 8GB SDHC cards for $15 and change a piece after rebates. Some will say Lexar is a good brand, personally I can't comment, however I've never heard anything bad about them.

3. hwyhobo

Jun 3, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    Did you buy these?

Apparantly you are not the only one with problems.

I have never used them. Like Glkster19, I tend to use SanDisk. They're local to my area and have good reputation.
  4. sjfrellc

sjfrellc CLM

Dec 26, 2004
    Novi, Michigan
    The SDHC cards are not the same as SD cards. Only newer card readers can read them. Your card reader or camera must have the capability of reading them.
  5. I know. From everything I've been told the camera will write to either SD or SDHC card. I know the card reader will not read them but that's not a problem. The fact remains the camera indicated it had formatted the cards but there were no images. I exchanged the PNY 4GB SDHC cards for two Sandisk cards and they work fine.
  6. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

Jan 3, 2007
    I won't touch PNY. Sandisk has always worked for me just fine.