close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Problem with new gen3 G26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by agent88, Apr 11, 2012.

1. agent88

agent88

I tried posting on gate, but here's a couple pics. The slide doesn't slide smoothly. just before it closes it just doesn't feel right.

[​IMG]

here it is staying open by itself.

[​IMG]

this mark on the frame is the only clue I've found so far.

[​IMG]

Hope this isn't from something I did wrong.

Your thoughts, thanks

Sent from my htc evo phone

2. III_M1KE_III

III_M1KE_III

Strange.

Looks like the RSA base is rubbing along the inner wall of the dust cover. Either it's defective or it's grossly out of position when you re-install the slide. I would:

1) Clean out that loose plastic (just scrape it away with a nylon brush, or use a small blade if necessary), remove the slide, re-seat the RSA making sure it is in the re-assembly notch. You might even want to rotate the RSA 90-degrees or so. Re-install the slide and see if it's back to normal.

2) Replace the entire RSA....not very expensive.... You might want to do this anyway just to be safe!

I also have a G26. Let us know if you have anymore questions. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Glocks.

- Mike

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012

3. MikeG36

MikeG36

Your RSA is not in the lower notch.

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Have you ever detail stripped the frame? Particularly to change the slide stop?

What ammo have you been shooting lately? Try field stripping and putting only the barrel in the slide. Move the barrel forward and rearward through the muzzle hole in the slide to the point of wear inside the slide made by the square hood of the barrel, if it hangs up anywhere you may have a bulged barrel.

That scrape mark in the frame suggests that the base of the guide rod may have a sharp edge on it, it shouldn't be gouging the frame like that.

You could call Glock, speak to the Warranty Service Department, and explain the problem to them. Offer to email pictures to them. They may want you to send it back to them.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  5. III_M1KE_III

III_M1KE_III

6. agent88

agent88

This is how I install rsa.

[​IMG]

Sent from my htc evo phone

7. jakeh

jakeh

Your RSA is not all the way down into the "notch". Push down on it until it stops.