close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Problem with Java

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by drod, Jan 28, 2005.

1. drod

drod

Feb 2, 2001
    I need a little help with Java scripting. One of the web pages I regularly use indicates that I need to enable active scripting. When I click the custom settings under the security tab on interent settings, the "enable" radio button for active scripting is selected. I downloaded and installed the most recent version of Java, but the the web page still indicates that I need to enable active scripting. I don't know what else I can do to make this work. One of my favorite web pages just will not work properly. Any ideas?

2. Nyper

Nyper

Jan 2, 2004
    Lebanon TN
    I saw the same problem on a computer I am responsible for upkeeping last week.

I installed the latest definitions from Norton and Ad-Aware. Scanning with each fixed the problem.

3. drod

drod

Feb 2, 2001
    I am running the latest version of Norton, and it automatically scans the system each week. I am running Spybot. Maybe I should get Ad-Aware. Do you have a link?

4. Nyper

Nyper

Jan 2, 2004
    Lebanon TN
    It's good that you are running regularly scheduled scans. However, new virus definitions often come out overnight. If you haven't ran a scan in the past day or so, it can't hurt to give it a try.

You can download Ad-Aware from http://www.lavasoftusa.com

5. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Oct 7, 2002
    just an FYI, Javascript and Java are compltetely different.

6. drod

drod

Feb 2, 2001
    Well, I have updated the virus dat files and run a full scan. No virus. I dunno. I feel like a dog chasing its tail.

7. drod

drod

Feb 2, 2001
    I learn something every day.

8. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Oct 7, 2002
    it surprised the heck out of me too. but other than the names, there's really nothing similar;9