close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Problem with Internet Explorier

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Kentucky_Guy, Jul 21, 2007.

1. hey all....

Ive got a gateway desktop running windows vista, 2GB ram, dual core AMD processor..I have Kaspersky internet security suite running along with counterspy software....

I usually use firefox as my main browser but need to use IE for those sites that wont work with it..

the problem i am having is when i close firefox and pull up IE, it keeps telling me "Web page cannot be displayed" "You may not be connected to the internet"....my internet connection is up and running. I doublecheck the address and it is correct but i keep getting this message on IE..and it is the latest version of Explorer....

any ideas..?????

thanks

Bruce

2. Check your firewall. It may be allowing Firefox and blocking Internet Explorer.

3. thanks, i just checked Kaspersky internet suite and i have not made any changes to it, it doesnt differentiate between IE and firefox!!!

anything else i can try???

4. Open IE and type a different URL such as http://www.google.com

and see if it will go there. Maybe the default website is down or it's blank in IE.

5. thanks again....

i just tried that, even went into the "google search bar" and got the same message...

ive tried typing www.glocktalk.com and http://glocktalk.com and every other address in my favorites....

still get the same message...this is frustrating

6. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    This has to be a firewall setting, thats the only thing that makes sense.

IGF

7. Click on IE's Internet options tab, then LAN settings, and see if Automatically detect settings box is checked. ;)

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Hmm, Good call...

One could argue though, that a good quality firewall, wouldn't allow IE access to the Internet in order to protect the computer.. ;)

IGF

9. Most "good" firewalls identify Microsoft IE as a privileged application by default.

:supergrin: :thumbsup: ;)

10. thanks for the help everyone...come to find out it WAS my firewall after all causing the problem..

when i "disabled" Kaspersky internet security IE worked just fine..it was blocking IE, and i changed the settings on it..

now i can watch Neflix "on demand" movies..woo hooo...

thanks again everyone for your help

bruce

11. Ishiguro

Ishiguro

Jul 20, 2004
    TN
    you could also download IE inside firefox extension so you don't have to use IE directly in the future.