close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Problem Posting a New Sale Thread in Classifieds

Discussion in 'What Happened To My Want Ads Area?' started by Obi Wan, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Obi Wan

Obi Wan

Oct 13, 2007
    'Round the bend...
    I've been unable to post a new sale thread for the last two days. I've started 'fresh' a couple of times and don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. I've posted a few in the past and had no problems, so it's not like I've never done it before and have 'ten thumbs'... I don't think.

Any ideas as to what the problem is, or when it will be fixed? :dunno:

This is what I've been getting for the last two days when I try to post a new 'Sale Thread'...

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. Obi Wan

Obi Wan

Oct 13, 2007
    'Round the bend...
    Work-around figured out...

You can NOT enter anything in the description section when first posting the ad. Some people are entering the description in the first reply box, which I did, but then I determined that if you go up to the "Ad Options" drop-down box and "Edit Ad", you can input the description at that point and it seems to work fine.

The problem is that now that I entered the description in the first reply box, I've got the description twice... and you can't edit your reply. And since I'm not doing this whole thing again, it's going to stay the way it is.

http://glocktalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=43523

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013

3. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Moderator

Jan 1, 1970
    The formatting of one of the links you posted in the ad caused the process to fail. I'll look into why, but in the mean time, if the listing fails, remove any external links and try again.

4. Obi Wan

Obi Wan

Oct 13, 2007
    'Round the bend...
    Great info to know. Looking forward to hearing the 'why'.

Thanks!

P.S. It would be great if we could edit the reply comments.

It also seems that despite the ad(s) being set up at 15-90 days, etc, they never expire. I keep bringing up ads from 2011 that are no longer valid and it wastes a lot of time. Anything that can be done there?

Thanks again!

Chuck

5. Obi Wan

Obi Wan

Oct 13, 2007
    'Round the bend...
    Any info on any of the above, Eric?

Thanks.