close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

probably a stupid Colt question

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by c5367, Dec 31, 2009.

1. c5367

c5367 Esq.

Aug 1, 2003
    Indiana!
    So I have a guy proposing a deal, he is offering a Colt "Colt H-bar national match, heavy barrel 20 ", AR-15" and claims it is worth about 2k.... is this a model above and beyond the typical Colt Match Target Hbar that I don't know about?

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx

3. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    I highly doubt what he is trying to trade you is worth more than 900 dollars. I have no way to definitely say for sure with out the details on the rifle, but I bet you it's only worth 7 to 9 hundred dollars.

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Colt did make a National Match version but I would get the serial # and have Colt authenticate everything first. The factory has the service and has traced guns as old as original SAAs for owners.

5. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

Colt does not give out this information for free. It's either 10,20 or 50 dollars if memory serves me correct. I know because I made an inquiry on a AR15 I purchased recently. They told me the date it was manufactured, and that's it. Two weeks later I received a letter in the mail with a price list on how much it would cost to find out stuff about the gun. I ripped that up, put it in the garbage.

In my very very very limited experience, these heavy barrel models have a higher list price from both Colt (when available) and Bushmaster.

But for goodness sake not $1000 more!

'Drew

6. c5367

c5367 Esq.

Aug 1, 2003
    Indiana!
    Do you happen to know what these National Match editions went for?

7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Hey, I never said it was for free... I think the prelim search to authenticate is $20 and then you can pay for more such as lineage and any notable owners of record or something. May be worth it if you can trace Doc Holliday or something as one of the original owners or something, but I don't think Doc is an AR guy for some reason... I see him as more of the HK type, he's definitely an operator and HK loves him, for sure.:whistling:

Some guy in another thread said he saw a Delta Elite HBar go for $2,600+. Again, like all assets, what value do you assign to it?:supergrin:

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

IIRC, HBar target variants were selling for about $1,200+ when the regular Colt rifles were going for $600-800, back in the late 80s and early 90s.

9. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    Hey! Lawman! :)

I never said you said the info was free ;)

To the OP, you live in Indiana. If it's pre-ban, it's worth to someone who would pay, $1500 and up. To someone like you than can buy any generic rifle, unless there is some nostalgia involved, not more than what a new rifle that meets your needs / wants cost.

'Drew

10. c5367

c5367 Esq.

Aug 1, 2003
    Indiana!

Kinda thought so. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn in a awhile, so I wasn't sure on this. I thought so, but I didn't want to be the jack*** that starts arguing without knowing what I'm talking about.

Thanks Lawman and Drew for the helpful info. :thumbsup:

11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Exactly!

Drew, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

12. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

One for three sir. In that sentence all you got correct was my name! :supergrin:

Best wishes in 2010, for all of my fellow black rifle aficionados. :cool:

'Drew

13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

1 out of 3 ain't bad odds. That's better than my batting average... with women... that is.

14. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    That was me,......I nsaw one sell for $2625 at a private Estate sale. :wow:
    It was mint, unfired, rubber armoured scope with mount, aluminum case, and accessory packet.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  15. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    Vasaline, I would hope.

16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

KY works better for the rape-age that goes on with AR guns.

17. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003
    I apologize for going further off topic, but it's KY upfront (no pun intended) before the act, an a big vat of Vagasil to soothe the bruising in the aftermath.

:cool:

18. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I recommend Preparation H.

Samuel Colt rocks! (to stay on topic for the mods)

19. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    This is a Colt Sporter Pre-Clinton-Ban AR-15 HBAR-MATCH, Blued 6601

Think I paid ~$1100 NIB

[​IMG]

Can't say that they never made a National Match Version, but at the time I bought, The only "higher grade" that was available was basically the same gun, in a flat-top version.