close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

pro gone, now ive gotten into another fine mess

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by majette, Nov 17, 2012.

1. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  2. majette

majette

May 1, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    sorry, been a while before i could revisit the thread. the froglube seems to work as advertised. i am up to 650rds without cleaning. the only thing i noticed is that unlike clp, if something has a light rust on it, the froglube will not remove it. i need to find out a little more about this and about fireclean as well. here is a recent (as in a couple days ago) pic.

[​IMG]

i added a wilson combat 64G 18lb spring/flgr/shok buff kit, removed the series 80 parts, and added a kimber two hole trigger with take-up tabs. i only wanted an 18-20lb recoil spring but the kit was all that was in stock at the gun shop. it will disassemble with a bushing wrench or by using a baseplate to press the plug down so it is not a big deal to field strip.

broke the baseplate on the wc mag in the lower left during a mag change and it hit the concrete. good thing i have an extra or two.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012

3. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.