Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Privi 10mm JHP

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by AMSting, May 10, 2012.

1. AMSting

Oct 1, 2011
    Is it worth $20 per box of 50? I have read it is more the reduced power FBI load, so not much different than a 40s&w.
  2. Stkx66

Jul 18, 2010
    I found 3 split cases out of one box recently shooting out of my stock Glock 20 SF. They functioned well, soft shooting, however I would definately not reload this particular ammo. I won't even shoot the ammo at my local indoor range for fear of the cases ending up in someone elses reloading equipment. I will only shoot this ammo in an outdoor setting where I can collect the casings to be thrown out or recycled as scrap. Also, I didn't notice or look for split cases with the Privi 10mm ammo until another member on this site mentioned it on another post. I shoot mostly Georgia Arms canned heat. I also shoot Remington UMC, and just recently Underwood ammo all 180 grain and all great ammo to target shoot. I need to learn to reload.

3. 1MAC

Aug 10, 2009
    Palmetto State Armory has it for $17.95/50. I bought a few boxes for cheap practice ammo. Online reviews have chrono'd it around 1000FPS out of a stock length barrel, so it is pretty weak stuff.
  4. Stkx66

Jul 18, 2010
    The Privi Shoots fine. In my opinion I don't believe the casings are strong enough for reloading.[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  5. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    $20 these days isn't bad for 50-rds of ammo, but Privi's 10mm stuff is crap ... :whistling: Probably the classic example of a ".40-level" load masquerading as a 10mm.

Even Privi's brass ain't that great for reloading, as others here and myself have found out.

For a long while now I've been hoping that some Euro-ammo maker, like Fiocchi or such, would market in the U.S. a decently-priced, decently-spicey 10mm load for range and plinkin' use, ... but sadly that hasn't happened. :dunno:

6. AMSting

Oct 1, 2011
    Wow, agreement on the internets! I didn't think that was possible.

Thanks guys. I guess I just need to start reloading.
  7. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

It's just more of the magic of the 10mm:cool:
  8. VN350X10

Apr 13, 2001
    McHenry, IL
    That's the classic type of case split you get when you re-size a case that's been fired in a H&K MP-10. Caused by the fluted chamber.
    So what we have here is pre-weakened brass......

I get the same result when I fire S&B .22 Hornet factory ammo. Was bought for the same reason, inexpensive shooting & (supposed to be) reloadable brass.
    Thanks for the heads up.

uncle albert
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  9. 67November

Dec 2, 2011
    Sin City
    I've purchased about 60 boxes of this closeout ammo from Scottsdale Ammo. Haven't had a single FTF/FTE in about 500 rounds thus far.

When I spoke with them they said they had discontinued it because it was tumbling out of short barrels like the G29 due to the FMJ (there's a note to that effect on the page).

Shoots fine out of my G20SF and G29SF with extended barrel. I use this ammo at the range and leave the Underwood 135 Nosler and 165 JHP for HD/SD.

No affiliation, etc.

10. dsb1829

Nov 2, 2011
    Pretty much. Why pay $20/50rd to shoot crap when you can roll your own premium JHP for ~15-20/100rd.

PPU is junk, weak even for 40. Top that the brass isn't even reloadable. Skip it.