Private to FFL

Discussion in 'GATE Info & Announcements' started by BK94, Jun 19, 2011.

1. BK94

Do all FFL accept pistols from private persons? I was asked if my dealer accepted from non ffl persons and I dont know, i will call tomorrow but thought you all might know.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

3. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

It is up to the individual FFL holder. There is nothing illegal that prevents it, but some don't do it because they have no verification of where the pistol came from. Those of us that do accept them from private parties, generally require a copy of their state issued DL so we have a name and address to put in our Acquisition Log. It is best to check with your FFL so you don't end up paying shipping twice if it rejected and returned to the seller.

4. ALWAYS make arrangements beforehand:cool:

5. In my experience, most do not accept from private individuals. I had one place that would but they went out of business so I need to find a new one for my next purchase.

6. In my area, Long Island, NY, aside from an FFL the two major police jurisdictions here require a separate or addendum to the license in order for pistols to be transacted by a stocking FFL dealer.

Typically, dealers agreeing to receive or send a pistol through UPS will charge anywhere from $50 to $150.

7. I have a FFL and I accept from private individual only after I speak to them and advise them that they must include a copy of the Driver's License with the shipment. I also deal with other FFL's that refuse to accept from non-FFL's. Just check before you do anything.