Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Printer question

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Glkster19, Aug 21, 2005.

  1. Glkster19


    May 12, 2001
    Lansing, MI
    For all you photographers out there.....

    I want a new printer. What do you use to print your digital pics? Pics will mostly be of family and fire/EMS scenes. Currently I have an HP Deskjet 3820, while it prints okay for a cheap printer, I think I want to get a better photo printer. As far as what I want to spend, I'm looking at under $400-500. These are the models I've been considering and researching:

    From HP--Photosmart 8420 and 8720
    From Cannon--i9900
    From Epson--Stylus R800 and R1800

    Anybody have experience with these? Do the 8 and 9 color printers really make a big difference as they claim?

    Any and all input appreciated.

  2. Zeker


    Oct 18, 2001
    Northern Va
    I am currently using a Canon i9900 and have been thrilled with the quality. After I got the 8.2 megapixel 20D I bought the i9900 specifically for the ability to make larger prints (up to 13" X 19"). Print quality is superior to my old Epsom 785 EPX.

    Check this site for specs.

  3. Eagle78101


    Jul 6, 2005
    I have an HP photo printer that prints directly from the camera card. But I'm looking for a way to connect it to the computer, so I can print pictures stored on my hard drive. Is there a way to do this? Supposedly, you can do it via a USB 2.0 cord, but the cord doesn't fit the connection on the printer. Ideas, anybody?
  4. Glock Bob

    Glock Bob Snack Attack!!!

    Aug 5, 2004
    There are two types of connectors for USB: A and B. USB A looks like this:


    and USB B looks like this:


    Of course the connections on a device will differ slightly in that they are designed to accept the respective connector to plug into them. However, you get the idea of what the connections on your device should look like. In addition to these some devices use a much smaller connection called a 4-pin Mini B. These are mostly found on digital cameras and cell phones. I assume your printer has one of these. Any office supply or consumer electronics store should carry them. Staples carries them. However, USB cables are not cheap, so be prepared to spend $20 or more on one.
  5. hatidua


    Nov 21, 2004
    right here
    I only use Epson printers for my photo work. No matter what brand you pick, be sure to stick with that brand's paper/