close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

primers

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by jl_chevy, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jl_chevy

jl_chevy

Apr 8, 2012
    my 34 likes federal primers could not find any small pistol , so picked up small pistol mag . I have used them before when that was all i had on hand . my load is 4.0gr power pistol and black bullets internnational 147 gr with small pistol & 3.8gr with mag primers . Looking to see what other think about this . Thanks

2. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm not much of a fan of the idea of using magnum primers for standard loads. I really try to follow the directions.

It's true that Federal SPP are out of stock at Powder Valley but the Federal Match SPP are in stock and only $4 more per 1000.

I would just order a few thousand match primers and not worry about the $20. In the bigger scheme of things, $20 just isn't important.

Richard

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

3. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    I use magnum small primers all the time for "normal loads". I never run the ragged edge so it has never been a problem. If I was close to or at the top end of a load I would back off and work my way back up.

By all the time I mean that is all I have used for the last 3 years. What can I tell you I got a great deal and bought lots!

A lot of competition shooter over at BE do the same thing. You will find a lot more information on it over there than you will here.