close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Prices on the new Kahr P380

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by border bandit32, Apr 24, 2009.

1. What are you guys paying for the 380 and how hard is it to find??:wavey:

2. Stripey

Stripey

Mar 24, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm curious too.

Also, could anyone comment on how it shoots compared to the Ruger LCP?

3. I guess everyone is embarrased to admit what they paid for this little booger??:embarassed::embarassed:

4. cnutco

cnutco

Jul 8, 2008
    NE GA
    I tried to buy one from a gun shop in N GA, but they could never tell me a price. I t has been almost a month and still no price. WTH

5. ex0dus

ex0dus

Oct 26, 2008
    Ive seen 2 so far at gun shops around here. None were cheaper than 649 :(

6. Stripey

Stripey

Mar 24, 2009
    Greenville, SC

I still have a prejudice against polymer pistols. I don't understand paying high dollars for a polymer frame, where the bulk material can't cost the manufacturer $20. My stainless steel K9 can be passed down beyond my future grandkids. IMHO polymer pistols are disposable (after 30-40 years). That is plenty of useful life, but its not going to last forever.

I have a great appreciation for the weight savings of polymer "for a concealed carry" weapon. I think a small light weight 380 is a perfect pocket carry gun. I intend to buy one in the next two years, even. But there is no way I am paying the same $ as a steel gun for one. There are other options. The KT-P3AT is inexpensive. The Ruger LCP is same size and only slightly more expensive. In the next few months Taurus will debut their 2 pocket .380 versions (one with Titanium slide). I'm guessing $350 - $450 for those. I'd hope the P380 settles in at $400-450 max.

7. CoLoSSaL Uprising

CoLoSSaL Uprising

Apr 14, 2009
    completely agree with you on the polymers. My K40 is all stainless and I LOVE it. But I don't know that I would own a polykahr.

8. Stripey

Stripey

Mar 24, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It really puzzled me as I noticed knowledgeable folks migrate to the pro polymer camp, especially law enforcement types. I mean these are the same type guys who continue to turn up there noses at any caliber except 45 ACP regardless of the evidence of how effective the bullets in 9 and 40 are. Yet they accepted the glocks and m&Ps and praise them.

IMHO lots of professional handgun owner/carriers have accepted a different paradigm. They no longer look at their pistols as a life long partner. They now see their weapons as temporary tools. Its like they are buying a small economy car for commuting. The function they need dictates a simple design with good milage. Their everyday carry weapon needs to be (1) reliable, (2) effective, (3) as light as possible. They don't care if it only lasts them 10 years; they'll just buy another (like trading in a commuter car with 150,000 miles on it).

And if I was in their shoes, I'm not sure I'd think differently. But for me, I don't need lighter weight. I want the slightly heavier weight for less felt recoil. The steel Kahrs are just as reliable, and even more durable.

That being said, IF and When I go concealed carry, I'll make it as easy on myself as possible. I'll either pack my Berretta Tomcat (32 ACP) or more likely a polymer 380 in a wallet/pocket holster.

9. ddc

ddc

Feb 12, 2005
    I also have mixed feelings about the poly Kahr. I love my MK9.

But I do wish it was a tad bit lighter so I keep looking at the PM9.

Also, it's wishful thinking I realize, but "I wish" that there was a "K380" offered along side the P380.

10. Stripey

Stripey

Mar 24, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I tell you what I'd like. I'd really like a MK9 with a light weight metal frame. I'd skip the 380 all together.

11. J T

J T

Nov 10, 2006
    Jax, FL
    The real question:
    What are you guys paying for .380 ammo and how hard is it to find?? :wow:

12. DAMN excatly twice what I paid for my Ruger LCP!:shocked::shocked:

I think I'll pass on this little booger!

13. dasanii19

dasanii19

Dec 1, 2005
    NV

I sold both my brand new LCP's to buy it too. :wavey:

14. mickys

mickys

Feb 18, 2008
    dasanii19,

Perfect!! You have experience with both the P380 and the Ruger LCP. What do you think in terms of fit and finish between the two? How about the shooting experience? Does one feel more polished from a ballistic's perspective? Any other conclusions/insights? With one being nearly twice the price of the other, what's your take?

Thanks for your time...

MickyS

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  15. dasanii19

dasanii19

Dec 1, 2005
    NV

Hey Micky, actually I haven't received the P380 yet, its being shipped to me right now and should arrive next week some time. Check out this Kahr P380 forum http://p380forum.com/forum/index.php

16. mickys

mickys

Feb 18, 2008
    Ah, okay... I look forward to initial reactions. Sure hope you like it.

17. 999Glock

999Glock

Mar 28, 2008
    If they made a MK45 or even a K45, I'd buy 2 of each!! I just bought a K40 and am really liking it so far.

18. creativetownsman

creativetownsman

Nov 28, 2008
    I don't see how one can compare those heavy steel guns to the lightweight polymers.

If one intends to carry, if only on occasion, steel is OUT of the question, especially if one's over 50.

And steel is impracticable for the pocket, no matter one's age.

19. G20-IWB24/7

G20-IWB24/7 Mortician

Jan 12, 2006
    Pacific Northwest
    Saw one yesterday at Ben's Loans in Renton, WA for $559. I was tempted but I've already gotten an HK45 and a NAA mini .22 Short this week. I'd be pushing my luck with the Mrs. . .