close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Price ranges on 1911's with tactical rails

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by MetalSlugIV, Jan 30, 2010.

1. MetalSlugIV

MetalSlugIV
    Expand Collapse

I want a gun for home defense. I'm still on the fence between a glock 17/19 or a 1911. I found a great 1911 at my local gun store for $520. It's a para GI expert. Problem is I want a light for it. If I am going to be investigating the house at night I will need a light. One of the most important things in self defense in target identification. The glock has a gazillion accessories that fit. What are my options for lighting on a 1911? Is a rail simply out of the question at this price range? If I don't get a tac-light is that Harries technique worth practicing with a 1911? Sorry, lots of questions but I have lots to consider.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. MD357

MD357
    Expand Collapse

At $520.... a well built reliable 1911 W/Rail is out of the question unless you know a competent gunsmith and he owes you. Then again, I'm having problems with my G22 RTF kicking my Pryrocon XTI off the rail with full power loads. Looks like I need to experiment with an XDM?

You decide if your life is worth the extra investment. FWIW, I consider the Harries tech outdated and downright stupid in term real world CQB situations in someone's house but that's just an opinion. :supergrin:

3. L-2

L-2
    Expand Collapse

deleted

#3 L-2, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  4. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Paratus

Or you could get the Para and have any smith install a dawson rail for an excellent interface with the available lights..If you buy the rail you could do it for under 160 including install.

5. majette

majette
    Expand Collapse

taurus 1911's with a rail are about 600.00. i shot one and it was fine, the owner said he put a couple thousand rounds through it and had no problems.

6. krunchnik

krunchnik
    Expand Collapse
    THE CROW

Ill second that,I shot my Taurus PT1911AR with my Streamlight attached and it worked fine,right now I have the TLR-1 mounted on a Kimber TLE/RL II-they both shot without dumping the light on the floor.