close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

price check - used Springfield 1911 GI (stainless)

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by sledgekevlar, Jan 13, 2010.

1. sledgekevlar

sledgekevlar

Mar 30, 2008
    So I have not priced 1911's in a while and was wondering what a reasonable price would be if i were to sell it. Like the title states, it is a Springfield GI model in stainless, maybe 3-400 rounds through it (bought it just as ammo was getting more expensive). I am very particular about maintenance so it is kept very clean and well oiled.

any insight is much appreciated

2. GJ1981

GJ1981 Pitying Fools

Feb 10, 2008
    I wouldn't pay over $450, and ideally I would try for $400 as a buyer.

I saw one locally sell for $450 in excellent shape, but in your area they may be harder to find and you could try for $500 if someone wants it bad enough, but that would be pushing.

3. You can get one nib for 499 on many popular internet sites. Once you ad shipping and the transfer fee, that puts the price at around 550.
    So for a used one in great shape no more than 425 (480 w/shipping &transfer fees) on the net, and 450-475 ftf. I have been surprise that some people pay more on gun forums. I say start at 500 and lower your price accordingly.
    Here is a reference.
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/Default.htm