Price-Check on Once-Fired brass

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Jade Falcon, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Hi folks,

I'm going to the gun show on Saturday with 2 other people, and I'm taking some once-fired brass along with me. I've never sold brass before. The cases are not cleaned, nor are they de-primed. I have approximately 50 shells in .357 Magnum, and about 20 shells in .454 Casull, both only fired once strait from the factory. I don't know, off the top of my head, what the brands are on the .357 Magnum cases, though I know the .454's are from Cor-Bon.

If these were going to be sold in a Ziploc bag, what would each caliber sell for? I need to get the most $ out of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Moderators: I've tried my best to make this NOT look like an advertisement, so please do not close this thread! I need answers on this. So if this thread violates the rules, please contact me with the appropriate format to write this thread so that I can make the appropriate changes BEFORE it gets closed. Thank you.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    45 acp once-fired, great service Reloading Oct 3, 2012
    What to do with once-fired Federal "FC" .223 brass Reloading Aug 31, 2012
    .223 Once-Fired Brass Reloading Jul 9, 2012
    Value of Once-Fired Brass Reloading Oct 23, 2011
    Problems with bullet seating using once-fired Starline brass. 10mm Reloading Forum Apr 17, 2011

3. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I'd ask $3.00 for the .357s and $2.00 for the Casulls.

4. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Wow...that's it, huh?:dunno::crying: Thanks!

5. Seems about right to me. SJ 40

6. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Thanks. I have been buying used brass for over 30 years.

7. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

For that price, I'll just mail it to a buddy of mine who reloads. I saw realistic prices today at the Gun Show on new brass; my estimations and hopes for pocket-change was way off. Thanks though!

8. I don't usually sell my brass but I have a ton of .40 S&W brass I wouldn't mind unloading. :supergrin:

9. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I wanted to sell, because I don't reload.

10. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

There are always buyers.

11. why can't it be said "used brass" as opposed to once fired, most of which has prolly been fired more than once. I just bounce around to different forums looking for brass, I rarely pay more than 3 or 4 cents for brass in 357 sig or mag. Most of it is sold by weight & rounded up for good measure. I'd say it's not a get rich deal but it will help fund your other habits, these days we all need that..

12. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Once fired means that it has been only fired once, rather than used brass which could denote being fired five or six times.