close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Previous scope crapped out on me....

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by WoodenPlank, Oct 25, 2012.

1. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The last couple trips to the range, I haven't done so well with my .22WMR. Despite previously being able to consistently hit 12ga shotgun hulls at 150 yards in the past, I felt like I could barely hit a barn door at 100-150 the last two range trips. At first, I chalked it up to wind and idiot operator.

Today, I discovered there's something wrong with the CenterPoint scope after trying it on my AR. Apparently it's just no good past 100 yards for some darn reason, and only marginal at that distance. I got better groups with my 4MOA Aimpoint.

So, I am now in the hunt for a new medium-to-high power variable for my .22WMR Marlin 783. I already have a CenterPoint 30mm one-piece scope base mounted on the rifle, so anything that will fit well in that base is a bonus.

I'm already looking at the Nikon rimfire scopes, but can anyone else provide me with any suggestions? Looking to spend $100-150 or so on a scope.

2. cj5mrt

cj5mrt

Dec 26, 2005
    Central FL
    Check out the Mueller line of scopes. I used to have one and am thinking about buying another.

3. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Jan 25, 2009
    Central FL
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  4. Nikon or Burris make some nice scope, at a very reasonable price... But I don't think they have much to offer in 30mm at that price point.

5. 98LS-WON

98LS-WON

Dec 20, 2008
    Lacey, WA
    What wears out on a scope? Pardon my ignorance.

6. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    I get the feeling that one of the lenses might not be properly seated any more. In the past, the CenterPoint held well at 150 yards, letting me pick off 12ga shotgun hulls at that distance, and make very precise shots at closer range. Recently had issues hitting anything with the .22WMR and figured it was just me. When I put it on my AR and kept getting 4-6" groups at 100 yards (when I get 2-3" groups with a 4MOA Aimpoint), I figured the scope was failing on me somehow.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. As I said, 30mm would be a bonus, but not mandatory.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  7. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Nov 29, 2010
    DFW
    On Ebay, you can find a used Redfield or Weaver 3-9x for about $100