close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presidential Debate - Oct 16...predictions?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by jdavionic, Oct 12, 2012.

1. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2012-presidential-debate-schedule/
    So what do you think this one will be like? Who will win? Will it matter?

2. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I suspect the gallup picked audience will somehow be biased. Call me a cynic. Therefore the questions will be aimed at favoring Obama.

I expect Candy Crowley will be biased in her moderating, but not nearly as bad as Obama's friend who did the VP debate.

So this debate will be XX vs. 1. Obama will be much more aggressive, but without the idiotic smiles.

Romney will need to be extremely sharp to survive this political kill zone.

In the end, I think he'll hold his own. However he won't dominate the debate like he did in the first one. As a result, it will be deemed a draw with each party marveling in their respective candidate's improved performance.

I don't expect it will change the polls.

3. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    romney will win

obama will lie like a t.v. evangelist

the media will spin it

it won't matter.

4. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    Obama won't be stoned this time.

5. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    One great thing about human beings is that sometimes we see and detect things that we can not articulate but we know something is wrong.

The same game in 2008 won't work in 2012.

There's no more benefit of the doubt. There's no more honeymoon.

It's tough to talk on something nonexistent, like a sandwich with nothing in the middle, like an empty suit.

People will know. Many of his people will just stay home on election day. You'd have to be highly convicted to make the effort to vote. But when you are torn between loyalty and truth, you'd compromise to think that the effort would be for naught, and stay home.

6. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    He still has a lot of support from Hollywood and the MSM. However it's certainly not what it was in 2008.

7. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Jan 31, 2003
    La Porte Texas
    I think you will see Obama break down and throw a Temper Tantrum, when Romney keeps pointing out his lies over and over.
    Romney will keep polite agressive pressure, and Look Presidential.
    Obama will look petty and childish
    The MSM will declare it an Obama win
    But the Ballot box will say something completely different

8. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC

This ^^^

9. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    A liberal is like a privileged child who doesn't get his way.

A traitor is one who betrays a country that gave him a chance, but an foreign agent is one who works against the country from the inside.

May God forgive men who made a foreign agent looked like a Messiah.

10. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    ^^^^This....:thumbsup:

The liberal press will be gunning for Romney.
    He'd better be at his best.

11. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    Obama has no choice but to attack and thereby appear unpresidential. Romney just needs to be civil and continue to look presidential. Obama will be undone.

Romeny does need to be more specific in his plans. That would throw off Obama's debate prep.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  12. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    The Golden Child is not used to being un-protected and under pressure...let alone with the entire world watching with a crooked grin. Hussein has himself to blame for personally allowing these debates to become a showcase on individual competence...and his entire Marxist vision for America is predicated on the rejection of individual competence. Romney, on the other hand, has lived his whole life in a world where success is founded on individual competence.

The Golden Child is on the ropes and Romney will be working to keep him there. It'll be a classic match-up of the "producer culture" versus the "parasite culture".

13. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I'm gonna stick to stating that they will both be physically present, but I'm not too sure about that even.

14. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Feb 28, 2003
    Finally made 1000 posts
    Fugly.

Obama is going to try and outdo Biden's behavior, but Romney is going to be ready for it.

Obama will use an earpiece for communications like Bush did.

15. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    A small piece of unsolicited advice for Romney: "When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quiet." Proverbs 29:9

If Obama rages and laughs, I hope Romney keeps his head and remembers to call him on the important stuff. Call him and pin him.

Something else; Obama will go into his top hat and cane routine with a few magic tricks/slights of hand tossed in. The crowd will be pleased, the media idiots will pass out, fall to his boots and lick their way to.... well, his ankles. :eyebrow:

16. Bruce H

Bruce H

Dec 5, 2000
    missouri
    Obama will have his unqualified community organizing ass handed to him again. No matter how much coaching he will still not retain anything. They put Homer Simpson's D'oh in the dictionary for a reason.

17. I predict Obama will arrive a few days early to get used to Long Island's altitude.:faint:

I hope he samples their famous ice tea at the last minute.:drunk:

18. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Obama has nothing but smoke and mirrors to run on. If he was honest about his accomplishments, he'd admit his incompetence if not his outright sabotage of the country and withdraw from the race.

19. I predict that the so-called undecided voters selected by the Gallup Organization will not actually be undecided voters.

And Hussein's handlers won't let him mellow out with his choom gang before this one.

At least one of the carefully selected undecided questioners will ignore his approved scripted question and ask something totally off the wall, maybe even about underwear.
    :rofl:

20. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Zero will not be able to get around the facts.

He has to balance off the idea that he was too lame and polite the first time, vs turning up the heat and appearing unpresidential, childish and Biden like which will turn off women, midwesterners and those who think he's above it all.

PLus he can't look desperate in the face of sagging polls now putting Romney ahead.

In short, there's more paths to victory in this debate than there are for Zero. As long as Romeny doesn't get overwhelmed, stays on his game, is adamant about the truth, and keeps hitting "trickle down government" he should be ok.

He does need to come out and directly say, "your failed presidency is proof" at some point, something visceral, factual and hard hitting. He doesn't have to and won't call him a doofus or go ad hominem, but theres truth in a lot of things he can say that will gut zero like a fish.