close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

President Obama signs a great bill into law

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by meshmdz, Aug 7, 2012.

1. rkguy9

rkguy9

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    Don't feel to bad, Clinton, signed mine!

2. tnpatriot

tnpatriot

Mar 3, 2009
    I did not vote for obama. However I must give credit where it is due. These westboro nuts abuse the first amendment. He may still destroy our country, but I think he done the right thing on this one.

3. I despise these Westboro protesters and their methods. I however respect their rights to do so as long as they are peaceful. The law may not be constitutional.

4. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    You're kidding right? Did you even listen to the oath you took? Plain speech is easy to defend. Inflammatory speech like westburo or the klan or lewie pharokan is the important ones to defend.

Personally I hope all the folks I mentioned die in a fiery bus crash. But until they do, they still have a right to spew their venom. And God bless the freedom riders that counter protest.

5. BossGodfrey

BossGodfrey

Apr 27, 2010
    So it's ok to violate the constitutional rights of those we don't agree with. Yea, you're brilliant ! I hope now we can do the same to the gays and the baby killers who protest because I don't like what they have to say either ! Yes that would make my day !

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  6. exmdshooter

exmdshooter WWJMBD?

The Westboro crowd disgusts me, but this is exactly why we have a first amendment... to protect unpopular speech. There is no need for laws (or constitutional provisions) to protect speech or protests or ideas everyone agrees with. Same is true of the OWS twits. I think they're morons, but so long as they obey the law (which they're not too good at) they have a right to express their views.

Nobody respects the military or those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country more than I do. These people died to protect the freedoms enshrined in our Constitution, including the rights of a-holes to express their views.

To my mind, the greatest thing about the first amendment is it allows idiots and low-life scum to self-identify... and they can't help themselves... they do it every time. That way the rest of us know who they are and can avoid them like the plague.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  7. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Sep 6, 2012
    A leftist moron celebrates infringement against free speech. Move along, nothing new to see here.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Yeah, he really went out on a limb there, signing a law he knows won't be enforceable, going against one of the most hated groups in America and one which, coincidentally, is on the far right. What's next? Maybe the "KKK is bad" resolution?:upeyes: