close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Presented With Letters, Ryan Admits Requesting Stimulus Cash

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by backbore, Aug 17, 2012.

1. backbore

backbore

Mar 6, 2003
    Maryland
    http://news.yahoo.com/presented-let...imulus-cash-234025910--abc-news-politics.html

After repeated denials, Paul Ryan has admitted he requested stimulus cash even after sharply criticizing the program.

As recently as Wednesday in Ohio, Mitt Romney's running mate told ABC's Cincinnati affiliate, WCPO, he did not.

"I never asked for stimulus," Ryan said. "I don't recall… so I really can't comment on it. I opposed the stimulus because it doesn't work, it didn't work."

Two years ago, during an interview on WBZ's NewsRadio he was asked by a caller if he "accepted any money" into his district. Ryan said he did not.

"I'm not one [of those] people who votes for something then writes to the government to ask them to send us money. I did not request any stimulus money," the congressman answered.

But as we've now learned, Ryan did write letters. He did request stimulus funds.
    AND HE GOT THEM.

2. chickenwing

chickenwing

Sep 24, 2010
    Why do you hate Republicans you liberal attack dog!

/s

3. Jonesee

Jonesee

Apr 16, 2009
    If it is true, it is true.
    That doesn't make anyone a hater or an attack dog.

Your post was a personal attack, not his.

just a thought...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  4. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I see nothing wrong with trying to do some good with the stimulus money......even, if he was against passing it in the first place. I don't know what Ryan wanted to do with the money, but I'd be willing to bet the farm that it wasn't for something that turned out to be a complete waste of money.......

If it were me, I'd grab as much of that money as I could.......then, try to make real, and long term jobs happen.

ooc

5. chickenwing

chickenwing

Sep 24, 2010
    Was meant in sarcasm. If you were addressing me.

6. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Jul 8, 2001
    Texas
    So What?

Nothing wrong with being against a program but taking advantage of it if it exists. It is his responsibility to his constituents to get all he can for them.

7. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    It's only hypocriticial and dishonest if Ron Paul does it. If Paul Ryan does it, it's OK.

Come to think of it: Ron Paul, Paul Ryan... Hmmmm... Has anybody ever seen them in the same room together?... :tinfoil:

8. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

Game

Set

Match

Winner: RenegadeGlocker

9. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    I would like to see the earmark police weigh in on this opinion.

10. How is this stance different from the stance of the millions who are on welfare?

11. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    He criticized it so much that he voted for it. And TARP. And auto bailouts. Ryan is only trying to play off people's ignorance of his record. Yes, he voted for both of Obama's stimulus plans.

Easy to say that now. His office got tons of calls telling him it wouldn't work and to vote against it. He voted for it anyway.

Perfect running mate for Romney. The GOP is so screwed.

12. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

Nobody elected them to the "Welfare Office", and, BTW isn't it rather "bigoted" of you to lump all of the people on welfare into one category? Even conservatives don't do that.

But, to your question, it is a matter of "responsibility". the welfare "cheat" is being irresponsible as an individual.

The elected official is being responsible to his (or her) constituency by getting them as much of their tax money, as a community, back to them as possible.

13. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Not as screwed as the paulbots.

14. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    We're in the same party genius.

15. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

Whatever you say, Slick

:rofl:

16. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    They're going to ignore this thread.

17. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    "...party genius." I think you have something there. :rofl:

18. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009
    Anyone but the little Nazi Obama and his idiot Joe.

19. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Im sure Karl Rove is beating down his door.

I would have used a comma but I have to dumb down my posts for countrygun.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  20. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Got a little case of selective outrage there I see. He's no worse than dr Paul being against getting earmarks for spending that was not constitutionally mandated, then voting against it knowing it would pass with a wink and a nod to his supporting special interests. I've often said that doesn't make dr Paul a bad guy, just no better than the rest.

Look at the bright side, they've bent over backwards for the liberty movement, and put a Paul on the ticket, show some gratitude.