Glock Talk banner

Preparedness HOT DEALS Thread

130K views 555 replies 97 participants last post by  quake 
#1 · (Edited)
Would it be OK to start a preparedness "hot deals" thread here?

The idea would be to post any good deals found on preparedness gear.

Or would that be too commercial for the forum's taste? Obviously no posting by those who stand to financially benefit...just good deals we've found and want to pass on.

#55 ·
do you think its more the stove or the types of fuel?
There are canisters with higher percentage of propane (max 20% usually) that you should look for if you are using it in cold weather. The issue is that during cold weather the propane gets used but because of the cold the other 80 percent does not get used.

Propane boils at -43° F (-40° C)

Butane boiling at 31° F (0.5° C)

Isobutane boils at 11° F (-12° C)

I don't know how but, the Soto Micro Regulator Stove does work better in cold weather than other stoves.

http://zenstoves.net/Canister.htm#ColdWeatherOperation

#56 ·
I have new 870 and 1100 barrels that I am selling from inventory. A picture of 4 of the 870 barrels are posted in the For Sale section. Have had time to indicate the prices on two of them. I will now post a photograph in the For sale section of Remington 1100 12 ga barrels. Many of the barrels have been worked upon by Hans Vang of Vang Comp.

#57 ·
There are canisters with higher percentage of propane (max 20% usually) that you should look for if you are using it in cold weather. The issue is that during cold weather the propane gets used but because of the cold the other 80 percent does not get used.

Propane boils at -43° F (-40° C)

Butane boiling at 31° F (0.5° C)

Isobutane boils at 11° F (-12° C)

I don't know how but, the Soto Micro Regulator Stove does work better in cold weather than other stoves.

http://zenstoves.net/Canister.htm#ColdWeatherOperation
One trick when its cold is to put the fuel canister in your sleeping bag at night and in a pocket under your down layer during the day (for a little while before you want to cook). This keeps the fuel warm and it will function better.

#59 ·
Magzine deals I've found recently:

AR-15 magazines, teflon coated both inside & out, with MagPul followers installed. Ten pack is $85 plus shipping - two ten packs came out to $183.80 total, or $9.19 each including shipping costs:

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MA-02DSGB10A.aspx

I've never dealt with DSG before, but checked around on arfcom and they and these magazines both got very good reviews. They're apparently D&H magazines (which I've used in the past and are very good), just with DSG's name stamped on the floorplate instead.

Glock factory mags - Standard capacity for $18.99 - http://www.obxammo.com/TODAYS-HOT-ITEM-GLOCK-FACTORY-MAGAZINES-GLOCKMAG.htm Haven't ordered any yet, but thought I'd pass it on.

They also have glock factory extended magazines for $29.99 (9mm 33-round, and .40s&W 22-round).

#65 ·
...The crimpers are great at adjusting laser beams on sharks too!
:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin: Now that's funny...

#67 ·
bouldercitynv

rapsanjams rapsanjams

These sites sell tsa confiscated tools, knives. Listed on ebay. I have purchased dozens of the items at 1/3 to 1/2 of the retail prices. Today, I picked up another couple of benchmade knives.

I give the tools and knives as gifts to relatives. I want to make sure that they will have them in the car, at home and at the office, if working. If shtf and I happen to be nearby, then I have backup items already in place.

#68 ·
#72 · (Edited)
thats the same MSS i use in my bag. if you live closer to an army base, they are considerably cheaper. i got mine by purchasing a marine corps combat tent at an auction for $6 and then trading that for the MSS. can find them all day long here for 100-125.

it is a good system though, and if you dont have any other resource, i'd say its definately worth the money.

#74 ·
Sounds like a really good price. How are they on shipping?
Shipping was $16.46 - came out to $58.43 total for three, or $19.48 apiece with shipping factored in. Most places I found them run $10 or so higher apiece once shipping is applied.

I really like this particular pouch and discovered it completely by accident when some online store had them on special for something like $8 a while back. At the time, I ordered just one out of curiosity & now wish I'd ordered more at that price...

#76 ·
Can you clarify the web links to those sites? I wasn't able to get to them

bouldercitynv

rapsanjams rapsanjams

These sites sell tsa confiscated tools, knives. Listed on ebay. I have purchased dozens of the items at 1/3 to 1/2 of the retail prices. Today, I picked up another couple of benchmade knives.

I give the tools and knives as gifts to relatives. I want to make sure that they will have them in the car, at home and at the office, if working. If shtf and I happen to be nearby, then I have backup items already in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.