close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Preparedness HOT DEALS Thread

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Bolster, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Lone Kimono

Lone Kimono

Jul 15, 2009
    Thanks for that HD deal, Bolster!

Leatherman New Wave Multitool with Leather Sheath $52.10 shipped.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-830039-Multitool-Leather-Combination/dp/B0002H49BC/ref=sr_1_2?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1359416322&sr=1-2&keywords=leatherman+new+wave"]Leatherman 830039 New Wave Multitool with Leather/Nylon Combination Sheath - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X2XC3RN7L.@@AMEPARAM@@41X2XC3RN7L[/ame]

2. SRT76

SRT76

Nov 9, 2008
    Houston TX
    Bunch of camping stuff on 70% off sale at target.

$200 Coleman tent for $60
    Swiss army recruit knives (4) $5.21
    Glow sticks $0.61

And I got 15% off those prices!

They had a lot of other stuff too. Canopies, sleeping bags, backpacks, etc.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. birda40

birda40 Woody

Nov 19, 2011
    Chicago, Ill.
  4. Pardoner

Pardoner

Sep 28, 2000
    Lake Mary, FL
    Thanks! Picked one up for my 74....

5. birda40

birda40 Woody

Nov 19, 2011
    Chicago, Ill.
    30 round mags 14.00 , If remember right ... hurry

C Products AR15/M16 30rd .223/5.56 Aluminum AT Mag

6. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  7. birda40

birda40 Woody

Nov 19, 2011
    Chicago, Ill.
  8. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    The description of both the 20 and 30 round mags include this line, near the bottom:

"Just because the product is visible does not guarantee they are in stock. If you are concerned about availability, please call."

9. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Order away.

I have posted that link at least a dozen times on four different boards, and many people have ordered them and received them. I have personally placed three orders. I received the first, the second is with USPS and I expect it tomorrow, the third was placed last night and I fully expect to receive it this week.

Not that I'll mind if you avoid ordering out of fear that they aren't in stock. That just means they will still be there in a week or two when I decide I can afford some more. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  10. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

May 22, 2010
    East TN
  11. birda40

birda40 Woody

Nov 19, 2011
    Chicago, Ill.
    They were I placed 2 in my basket. Before I ordered I placed the link here. In that short of time they sold out.Sorry guys I tried.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  12. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    Thanks for the "clarification." I'm not hurting for mags, so I guess I can afford to stay away from companies that post disclaimers about their stock/inventory systems at the end of product descriptions.

13. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Is it really that big of a deal that they put a disclaimer in there in case they screw up and list something that isn't actually available even when the MANY different people who have placed MANY different orders all report that if it shows up it's in stock and ships quickly?

Here I thought the annoying thing was sites that posted things as "in stock" when they were actually on backorder, or who posted thigns as "in stock" but with a 2-3 week shipment delay.

Do you know of a better source for new NHMTG mags (or equivalent quality mags) that charges $20 or less, currently has them in stock, and ships them quickly?

I have no special allegiance to this site/company and would be happy to try out anybody who can meet or exceed them.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  14. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

Jul 30, 2011
    AZarmament is a great source for Magpul magazines. Like everyone else, they sell out fast. But they seem to get them in regularly.
    I called three weeks ago about 308 magazines, and they told me to call back in a week. I did, and they had a few in stock. Today I decided I could use a few more so I called again, and they had a few more in stock. They charge retail, which in this market is fantastic. They also have some really nice AR accessories.
    In total I have ordered from them 3 times, and they always shipped promptly.

15. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    My second Buffer Technologies order arrived today, and I got shipping confirmation on my third.

They still have brand new NHMTG magazines for $20

20 round and 30 round both in stock.

http://www.buffertech.com/Search.aspx?m=1

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  16. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    http://www.harborfreight.com/non-contact-laser-thermometer-96451.html
    [​IMG]

$35.99

Not an intuitive item. I had a humidifier plugged into my bedroom. I noticed some discoloration on the outlet plug. I wasn't worried, but went ahead and flipped off the circuit breaker and popped off the cover. The outlet had melted inside, and the connector was glowing red hot inside. So, basically, we narrowly avoided a fire that would have started in my master bedroom, with us sleeping there. I've since used this to put every outlet in the house under load and checked for heat. I looked into thermal imagers, but those are expensive to even rent. This is accurate to record the temp of a grill top and many other surfaces you probably don't want to touch test.

It's a fun toy, and maybe a lifesaver. I'm not saying you need one, but if you have disposable cash around, think about it.

17. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    The HF sale flyer I just received in the mail yesterday had a coupon for those at $24.99. Not sure if the HF storefronts have the same multi-page glossy coupon flyers on-hand, or if it was a mail-only promotion. Might be worth checking a store if you have one locally, or watching to see if it goes on-sale online at the lower price in the near future.

I was considering one for checking the temperature of solar ovens and items being cooked in same.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013