close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Preparedness HOT DEALS Thread

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Bolster, Oct 3, 2011.

1. soundguy

soundguy

Apr 26, 2010
    It looks like you better get em while you can.:upeyes:

http://gizmodo.com/5929064/buckyballs-have-been-banned-by-the-feds

2. Slackinoff

Slackinoff

Sep 20, 2011
    Texas
    Little bit misleading....they are in a lawsuit...not banned yet. You can still buy them directly from the Buckyballs website.

http://www.getbuckyballs.com/

I hope Bucky wins.

"Predictably, Buckyballs won't go down without a fight, Craig Zucker, CEO of Buckyballs, said that it'll "vigorously fight this action taken by President Obama's handpicked agency.""

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

3. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    They are just magnetic balls. They will still be around no matter what because they are used in different indutries for different things, BUT they will probably cost more if you don't get them from Buckyballs.

i.e. My cubes were bought from just a magnet place. They are slightly larger than Bucky's and they cost a good bit more.

4. racerford

racerford

Apr 22, 2003
    DFW area
    Were yours more expensive because they are made of a different material with a high Gauss strength. The Buckyballs don't show any technical specs that I could find.

The other more expensive ones I have seen are very high Gauss.

5. RWBlue

Jan 24, 2004
    Buckyballs lists the gauss for the small balls in the faq.

I would guess the small balls have less gauss than my cubes, but then again, my cubes have more direct contact with the other magnet.

If I were going to hold paper to the wall, then I would need/want high gauss. As I generally have them setting on my desk....I don't really need any more power than the buckyballs.

6. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Oct 17, 2002
    Penn's Woods
    I have the $89 generator coupon for HF if the code isn't working for anyone.

-Emt1581

7. EMT 1581 -- could you PM me the code. i'd very much appreciate it. thanks.

8. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
    And where do Buckyballs come from? China

Buy them direct from here

http://s.dealextreme.com/search/magnetic balls.html?page=2

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  9. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Oct 17, 2002
    Penn's Woods
    I actually posted it a page or two back. I was offering the coupon if anyone couldn't get the code to work online or at their store.

-Emt1581

10. RWBlue

Jan 24, 2004
  11. mac66

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
    They have a bunch of different sizes and prices. Point is, if buckyballs get banned, deal extreme is a source. Though I am still not sure what buckyballs has to do with prepping.:dunno:

12. mac66

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
  13. quake

quake Millennium Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arkansas, USA
    Fwiw, 800 milliamps = .8amps, not .8 watts. Watts - amps*volts; this one at 5 volts (times .8 amps) does equal 4 watts.

Decent price, but not phenomenal imo. Still $7.50 per watt; which can be had pretty regularly nowadays, usually the per-watt cost decreases as the units get larger. IE, you can get a 250-watt panel for $2 per watt or so at a lot of places.

14. RWBlue

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh, yea, there are many sources.

As far as how they relate to prepping...it is kind of like the guys who have a deck of cards or board game or ....setting around for when the power goes out. Those little magnets will occupy your mind (and strengthen your hands) for a long time.

15. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Oct 17, 2002
    Penn's Woods
    I've got two sealed decks of the plastic playing cards in with my preps.

I figure that, and some of our other toys, should keep us occupied for at least a little while.

I'm a fan of entertainment that does not require batteries or electricity....but I suppose that could be said for the vast majority of my preps.

-Emt1581

16. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    Playing cards are also part of my kits.

17. racerford

racerford

Apr 22, 2003
    DFW area
    You load them into 12 gauge shells. Then you build a large electromagnet. It you think they hurt going in, it is nothing compared to them being pulled out by the electro-magnet from 10 yards away :shocked: Or maybe you just hang the magnet from a crane. When they wander into the yard wonder what that thing is for you can shoot them while they are distracted by that strange hum. Magnetic balls go in the front and then start coming out the tops:shocked:

You guys have to use your imagination.

Once you have retrieved them, wash them and reload, completely reusable. Lead pellets are so much harder to retrieve and reuse. :whistling:

18. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Oct 17, 2002
    Penn's Woods
    :rofl:

I almost choked on my Cheez-its!!

-Emt1581

19. sebecman

sebecman

Jun 13, 2008
    Maine