close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Preferred shotgun round for hogs?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Aceman, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    What are you guys using on pigs these days?

2. Yarddog(1)

Yarddog(1)

Dec 28, 2009
    N/E FL.
    Any slug under 50 yards should drop a hog,,Shot placemeant is key ; ) PS 20ga & up
    Y/D

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013

3. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    Any particular slug?

I was actually assuming 12g slug, but kept it general incase anyone was using some other load (sabot for long diet, buck, etc...)

4. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    I've never had an animal do anything but go belly-up after I shot it with a Horandy SST 12 gauge sabot. I'm interested in the Winchester Dual Bonds as well, got a couple of boxes but I can't get ahold of any more this time of year so I can't test them out. Last trip with them I got skunked, but I'm told they hold together well and at 375 grains, not much is walking away from it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  5. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    I use the common Hornady SST slugs(12 ga) for deer at times, they work fine for me.

6. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Jul 28, 2008
    Up a tree.
    Once the dogs have got a hold of him and he's holding still, a ball peen hammer works pretty good.

7. Glock19Fan

Glock19Fan Cool Guy

Mar 25, 2003
    Tennessee
    Don't over complicate things. Value pack slugs will work just fine as long as they are accurate in your weapon. The heavier the better.