close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

precision (the black bullet)

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by leatherman, Jun 29, 2011.

1. leatherman

leatherman

Aug 7, 2001
    CONROE,TX ,USA
    just getting into idpa,any feedback would be helpful thanks.

2. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    They are really soft. If you break the skin you will get leading. Even worse then on a regular lead bullet. They take a good barrel and proper loading to work right.

3. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Real pain in the keister. I went through a box of 500. They ran ok, but they had to be loaded with much more care. They did fly through the air just fine, but I was getting leading pretty bad in my G21.

Crimping in a second step is absolutely necessary so as not to scrape off the moly(ish) coating.

Even before I was casting my own, I'd rather buy straight lead.

4. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    I got to try a sample pack of Precisions in 9mm and agree with Zombie Steve's comments too soft. I use Bear Creek which has a harder, less messing coating. ZERO leading out of my Spartan 9mm running a 135g RN at 950-980 Fps. My local distributed sells then for $28 for 500 if you buy at least 1500.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  5. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    As the others have said, they can be made to work, but I would rather shoot a good cast lead bullet than the Prec Balck. Knick the base or over crimp & accuracy goes to poop.