close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

precision delta lubed bullets

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by albyihat, Aug 3, 2010.

1. albyihat

albyihat
    Expand Collapse

im thinking of getting some .38 bullets from PD i have not shot any of their lead bullets but i love their fmjs they have lubed and unlubed anyone shot these and which did you like?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. GioaJack

GioaJack
    Expand Collapse
    Conifer Jack

You can't shoot lead bullets without lube. If you buy unlubed you'll either need your own sizer/lubricator or apply Alox or some similar type of lube.

Certainly going to be easier for you to buy lubed bullets.

Jack

3. albyihat

albyihat
    Expand Collapse

sry i was not clear i am wondering if the lube that PD puts on them is anygood
    and if the bullets themselves are worthwhile i already like their fmj's so i am assuming that their lead stuff is good as well but i thought i would ask before i commit to 2000 of them. so if you have shot Percision Delta lead non jacketed bullets either lubed or not pls let me know how you liked them.

4. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel
    Expand Collapse

It's going to depend greatly on your gun. What works in another persons gun is not going to be a good indicator that it will work well in yours. BUT If you have had good luck with a bullet the same diameter in the past then that same diameter in a similiar bullet is likely to work again (assuming similiar lead hardness).

5. bamacisa

bamacisa
    Expand Collapse

I have shot 1000 swc and 1000 wc from PD all lubed (38 ) ....no problems.. The lead is a little soft, so you will have to keep your velocity fairly low.

6. albyihat

albyihat
    Expand Collapse

bamacisa thanks for the input this is what i am looking for. How did you like the wadcutters as compared ot the semi. i have never loaded wadcutters but am thinking about getting some just for fun as they are only for shooting paper. did you feel one has better accuracy over the other?