close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pre Match rituals

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by gravitybad, Jul 29, 2012.

1. gravitybad

gravitybad

I posted the following a few months ago, right after the Knoxville match and think I can take it in a little different direction this time around.

I thought it would be interesting to know what, if any, pre match rituals everyone goes through, whether right before they shoot or before the match. I have 2 that I can think of:
    1. I take 3 sights pictures before every string.
    2. I listen to the same few tunes from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly as I get closer to the match range which is detailed from a previous post below:

So...as I'm a few miles out from the range (Knoxville match) on Sunday morning, I que up Ennio Morricone's - L'estasi dell'oro (ilbuono il brutto ilcattivo)....."The Ecstasy Of Gold (the Good the Bad the Ugly).
    [ame]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn2xSNv0TSk[/ame]

About 60 seconds in, right where the female vocalist begins to exploit her talent, I see, to my astonishment , a framed poster of Clint Eastwood leaning against a tree near the end of a driveway. Apparently, a garage sale item. This is what I saw and, given the possibility for how the days events could unfold, took to be just about the best omen I could ever receive:
    clint eastwood.jpg

The outcome???: booted out of AM/CIV!

securedownload.jpg

I think I will continue to follow this ritual!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  2. Tbone17

Tbone17 "Shootin Steel"

Congratulations Gravity, that's some awesome shooting. Two GSSF matches = 3 pistols = Master status. Stick to those rituals, congrats.

3. SARDG

SARDG

I like to [get] good and drunk the night before, so
    I [look]ed and [feel] my best when I [go] in that morning...

Oh no... that was Arlo Guthrie's technique before the draft board. I don't really have any ritual. Maybe I need one!

4. PM720

PM720

I like to sacrifice a live chicken! :devildance::wow:

I pretty much just make sure the mags are all loaded (AND in the bag! ;) ) and equipment is all cleaned and ready to go. Beyond that I just try to follow my match day routine. :supergrin:

Scott

5. kyglockshooter 2.0

kyglockshooter 2.0

I find that my riutal begins the night before, i just begin to think about what i would like to acomplish during the match, and how am i going to do that what do i need to modify to have sucess. then i goto bed around 1 or 2 am. get up and drive x amount of time to the range and during this drive i am just amping my self up quietly and i am getting the competitor inside me going. then as i get up to shoot and i am closing the slide on the weapon i remember wait i wasted my time because i know the second that buzzer goes off EVERYTHING that i thought about doing pretty much goes out the window. I do my best to not let it fly away but its not easy. then head home and next weekend same routine.

6. legacy38

legacy38 Millennium Member

-Drive to the range
    -Stop somewhere along the way for biscuit and caffeine of the cold and bubbly variety
    -Shoot; sometimes well, sometimes poorly

7. Chromepulse

Chromepulse

I was under the impression that if you won more than one division you were only awarded one gun per match and $100 for the second division win? Not so?

8. SARDG

SARDG

If you are a Master - basically, yes. Though I've found the exact formula a litle more complicated than that.

Three gun wins (no matter how long it takes to do that - one match or 100 matches) in Amateur will promote you to Master.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  9. Vince49

Vince49 Aeroscout

I just have my usual Fighter Pilot's breakfast which consists of a cup of coffee,a cigarette and a puke. :cool: