close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Practice/Clinic

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by GLW, Mar 5, 2007.

1. GLW

GLW

A couple of you have expressed interest in an informal workshop to improve your performance in local competitions. I thought I would see how many of you would like to get together and work on specific skills and drills.

The first topic I thought we could focus on is trigger control. It is the most important aspect of good marksmanship and is the root cause of most poor performance. I have some ideas that may help shrink those groups down a bit and some drills you can use to practice that skill. This practice will be applicable to all types of competition from GSSF to IPSC and to all skill levels.

I've discussed the idea with Barry, who is the owner of Openrange. He is aboard and would give us exclusive use of one of the pistol ranges assuming we have several participants to make it worth his while. The only cost to you will be the range fee for the time we spend. I have asked for and will receive no compensation. To keep the cost to a minimum, I thought we could limit the time on the range by starting off in the class room discussing some theory and doing some dryfire drills. Then we can head out to the range for some live fire exercises. I was thinking of next Monday, starting around 6:30pm and ending around 8:00. We would need around 5 people to make this work.

If this sounds like something you would like to do, either reply to this thread or pm me. If it proves to be of value, we could address other topics such as sight picture for different target presentations, reload drills, position shooting, etc.

I will have to confirm this with Barry after I know what kind of interest there is. Again, I get nothing out of this except the pleasure of working with my friends, but we need to make it worthwhile to the range to get the bays to ourselves for an hour or so. Think it over and let me know. Hope to see you on the range.

2. Berretta9

Berretta9

I'm in. Anytime Grady is willing to talk, ya need to listen.

3. 45gunner

45gunner

4. 45gunner

45gunner

Read your PM Beretta

5. cpolk

cpolk

Grady, count me in.

6. Lwolfnky

Lwolfnky

How much are we looking at for range time?? I would like to come, I will have to check on how early I would have to leave from Frankfort to get there.

7. JeepWrangler

JeepWrangler

I would like to go but I have a training meeting for work that I can't miss at 5pm and I do not know when it lets out. Maybe someone could take notes or something and email or post them? I haven't shot in months and it would do me good just to see what I'm doing well/not so well.
    -Paul

8. TeamSpringfield

TeamSpringfield

A second to posting a Outline or some of the highlights that we could discuss here on GT would be nice and serves as a follow up to the training/clinic.

TS

9. TheGirl

TheGirl

Grady - please count me in

10. nighthunter30

nighthunter30 Glocks & money

I am in if there till room!!

11. Crazy4nitro

Crazy4nitro Happy Accidents

Hello,
    Pardon Me as I'm a nOOb here..
    Where will this Be held at?

Crazy4nitro

12. GLW

GLW

This will be held at Openrange indoor shooting range in Crestwood, Ky. You can check them out at www.openrangesports.com

I will have more details after I talk with the owner. I just wanted to see if there was going to be enough interest in a format like this and it appears that there is. I'll try and finalize everything today. Thanks for the inquiry and if you want more information feel free to pm me.

Grady

13. SmithShooter

SmithShooter

I am definitely interested.

Edit: Unfortunately, i dont get off early enough to participate :(

Still, Im sure it will be a fantastic time for the rest of you!

14. GLW

GLW

Well, I talked with Barry today and we are still on for next Monday. I did not realize that they close at 7pm on Mondays so we will have to start an hour earlier. If we could meet at 5:30 and be on the range by 6:00, we will have an hour to run through some drills before they close the doors at 7:00. This will be plenty of time to establish some good practice exercises that you can work on long term.

I know this is pushing it for some who get off work at 5:00 so let me know how many can still participate. Thanks again for your interest and I hope to see you at the range.

15. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

Well I don't get out of work til 6, so I guess that lets me out. Hope some of the attendees will pass on the knowledge some time when we all get together.

16. 45gunner

45gunner

I can still be there.

17. GLW

GLW

I still have not heard from enough of you to know if the 5:30-7:00 time slot at Openrange is going to work. Our only option would be to reschedule for another time and/or place that has later hours. It will have to be after the following weekend and possibly after the Ft. Benning/Gunny match the weekend after that. I'm happy to accommodate the majority so let me know what you wish to do. If you have questions, feel free to pm me. Hope to see you there. Grady

18. 45gunner

45gunner

Well Grady if you don't show on Monday I will be there on Tuesdays and Thursdays from now on.

My wife bought me a membership there and my money is better spent practcing then attending matches.

19. TeamSpringfield

TeamSpringfield

45.... Surely you are kidding???? :sad: :sad: :sad:

TS

20. 45gunner

45gunner

I love to shoot with everyone but I really want to concentrate on practcing to get better in IPSC shooting. I want to be a B shooter by the end of the year.

The matches are a lot of fun and I will still show up occasionally but not like I used to.