close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Powdered sour mix ???

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by dissthis, Apr 26, 2007.

1. dissthis

dissthis Gun Fan

Aug 24, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    Anyone have a link for powdered sour mix? Back in the day I used a brand called True Crystals...you mix the powder with just under 1 gallon of h2o to make lemon, lime sour etc...

I have bought some similar about 6 or 8 months ago but for the life of me cannot remember what brand it was...

Anyone??????????????????

Thanks

2. KYglockers

KYglockers A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Feb 2, 2005
    Virginia
    I use food grade citric acid. Works great. You can find it online at winemaking sites and candlemaking sites. Hope that helps.

3. dissthis

dissthis Gun Fan

Aug 24, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    [​IMG]

I ending up using Jose Cuervo pre-made mix and adding my tequila and 3sec, also some rose's lime... = about 20 gallons worth for the frozen drink machine

Should be a fun party tonight!!

:banana: :banana:

4. WINGS

WINGS CLM

May 20, 2006
    New Hampshire
    You can usually get that mix at a restaurant supply place.

We have an cool way to mix our Margaritas....especially when we go to the Buffett concerts.......

*Take a 2 1/2 gallon gas can (they fit right in the cooler)
    *Mix a package of sour mix and a gallon of water in the can
    *Add a 1/2 gallon of the tequila of your choice

*Alternate method is to use 3 big bottles of Cuervo Margarita mix and a 1/2 gallon of tequila

That gas can is NEVER used for anything else. We had one that got passed around by our fishing buddies in Key Largo for a couple of years...then someone actually put gas in it and was banished from the Kingdom!
    :thumbsup: