close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

powder dispener

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by jcountry, Jul 17, 2013.

1. jcountry

jcountry

Apr 10, 2012
    I am wondering if anyone has tried out an electric powder dispenser.

So far, I am doing OK with my Hornady hopper type dispenser... But I am new. I can definitely imagine how that thing would throw all kinds of strange loads once I get beyond small flake powders.

I am sorta thinking about getting some kind electrical dispenser when I start doing rifle loading, but I am not sure whether it would be worth the money.

Any experiences with them?

2. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Another fan/owner of the ChargeMaster combo unit - scale and dispenser. I use it for precision rifle loads. It will automatically dispense a load while you're seating a bullet. It is fast enough (and accurate, too) to keep up with me when loading/seating 308s.

3. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Oct 19, 2011
    I also use a ChargeMaster Combo for precision rifle. I verify the charge with a Dillon D-Terminator. It only takes a second or so to move the pan from one scale to another.

The Auto Dispense feature is really nice. I pour the charge into a case and place the pan back on the scale. It will automatically start dispensing while I seat the bullet and grab another case. The dispense takes just about as long so everything works out great. A very nice feature.

Richard

4. gunsup

gunsup Junior Member

May 1, 2010
    CT
    +1 on the chargemaster, like others had said; accurate, fast enough and fun to watch.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. n2extrm

n2extrm

Feb 24, 2009
    And another for the Chargemaster combo. I have had it 4 or 5 years I guess, maybe more. It is great, but I only use it for precision rifle, checking charges.

Buy once cry once with a digital scale. The real cheap ones are generally JUNK.