close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

powder dispener

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by jcountry, Jul 17, 2013.

1. jcountry

jcountry

Apr 10, 2012
    I am wondering if anyone has tried out an electric powder dispenser.

So far, I am doing OK with my Hornady hopper type dispenser... But I am new. I can definitely imagine how that thing would throw all kinds of strange loads once I get beyond small flake powders.

I am sorta thinking about getting some kind electrical dispenser when I start doing rifle loading, but I am not sure whether it would be worth the money.

Any experiences with them?

2. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Another fan/owner of the ChargeMaster combo unit - scale and dispenser. I use it for precision rifle loads. It will automatically dispense a load while you're seating a bullet. It is fast enough (and accurate, too) to keep up with me when loading/seating 308s.

3. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

Oct 19, 2011
    I also use a ChargeMaster Combo for precision rifle. I verify the charge with a Dillon D-Terminator. It only takes a second or so to move the pan from one scale to another.

The Auto Dispense feature is really nice. I pour the charge into a case and place the pan back on the scale. It will automatically start dispensing while I seat the bullet and grab another case. The dispense takes just about as long so everything works out great. A very nice feature.

Richard

4. gunsup

gunsup Junior Member

May 1, 2010
    CT
    +1 on the chargemaster, like others had said; accurate, fast enough and fun to watch.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. n2extrm

n2extrm

Feb 24, 2009
    And another for the Chargemaster combo. I have had it 4 or 5 years I guess, maybe more. It is great, but I only use it for precision rifle, checking charges.

Buy once cry once with a digital scale. The real cheap ones are generally JUNK.