close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Post Range Lead Removal

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by phi1281, May 16, 2012.

1. phi1281

phi1281

Feb 7, 2012
    NW Metro ATL
    I am currently working on a write-up of Hygenall's LeadOff. My local range supplies GoJo for people to use after being in the lanes. I started using LeadOff wipes to clean my face and arms, after washing my hands. I was curious if others use these, or if not, what you use instead.

Do many people just not bother at all? I think that is a long-term bad idea if you're putting in a lot of range time, but to each their own.

2. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

Someone told me that one of the greatest expenses ranges have is in controlling ventillation and any possible issues with airborne lead and mercury compounds. For as infrequently as I go (so far about 1 hour a month), I'm not really too concerned.

As far as residue on your hands, I think washing with soap is all that is needed. While injestion of lead is never good, trace amounts are not going to kill you. Just my $.02 worth.

3. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    Dawn dish soap.
    I have handled and played with lead for most of my life.
    I still haven't died from lead poisoning.