close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Post for my gun banning FB friends.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Gunhaver, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    This started as a post here and then I expanded it for some FB twerps bleating on about more gun laws.

"We are all screwed and here's why. We are all so collectively narcissistic that we have this crazy idea that personal choices and alternate lifestyles which only harm those looking to be offended that day can be voted on by everyone that won't be affected.

So we argue about it with each other and make lame excuses why my vices and lifestyle are right and yours are wrong and watch confusedly while our collective freedoms are eaten away from both ends by the politicians, lawyers and courts we throw at each other with the certainty that we are right and they are wrong and the world should suffer the consequences of my particular freedoms, but not their's.

If millions of babies die from abortion every year then that's acceptable because of a woman't absolute domain over her body and I argue for that right even though I'll never have to make that choice. If millions are killed by alcohol and drugs in autos, industrial and home accidents and domestic disputes then that's acceptable because of an adult's right to choose what they put into their own bodies and I argue for that right even though I can't stand the taste of alcohol or how it makes most people act. If millions are killed in non-drug related auto and motorcycle accidents then that's acceptable because of a person's right to own a vehicle that goes 2 or 3 times the highest speed limit in the country and I argue for that right even though I only drive a V6 4 door Malibu. If millions have to suffer the indignity of seeing the government recognize gay people as equals in marriage contracts then that's acceptable because of gay people's right to be treated equally by a government that they pay a proportionally larger amount of taxes into. I argue for that right even though I'm not gay and am not particularly fond of marriage.

Those are all rights that I'll never use so why should I care if they go away? Those are my leftist friends rights. I don't need a single one of them but I back them up every time simply because I can see that the opposition is motivated by fear and ignorance and are flat ****ing wrong on every one of those issues. And I do so enjoy setting them straight. But now it's your turn.

Ohhhhh, but this gun thing... That's another thing entirely. That's my baby. You just don't mess with my high capacity Glock magazines or my automatic rifle's evil black looks. That's something I hold as dear as you hold your uterus, your street bike, your bottle of hooch or your legal gay marriage.

So now I'm faced with the very real probability of having to turn my back on all this good work I've done for the left and heading back over to The Darkside from which I came. Back to voting straight republican tickets in every election just to ensure gun rights because so many Democrats can't acknowledge them even with a firm pro-2A SCOTUS decision on record. Back to pointing out, talking about, posting about and commenting about leftist stupidity, ineptitude and hypocrisy much more than I point it out on the right .

Why?

Because I'm just like you. My rights mean more to me than your rights do. I mean, you people have me thinking I maybe should have voted for Romney instead of Obama for Christ's sake (not that it would have made a bit of difference). That how bad this gun control idiocy is getting.

Gun control is the left's rape. It's that thing that you should never open your mouths about because you're ignorant to the facts and you sound like imbeciles to everyone who knows better. Keep it up fellas and we'll be looking at Santorum/Palin 2016 and the hysteria over the reactionary gun bans that everybody's been predicting will push them straight into office.

2. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

The rantings of a liberal. Thanks, we didn't need that.

3. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    This just in...

Or I could remember what exclusionary D-bags that dark side can be and give up on this gun thing altogether. Maybe move to Seattle and grow pot.

I mean, it's not like they'll ever get on board with personal freedoms or anything. Who am I kidding?

Decisions....

4. evlbruce

evlbruce

Nov 3, 2003
    Frankly I think this pot legalization will be short lived. It will sooner or later become common knowledge that smoking pot is bad for your health and the nanny-statists will ban it on the grounds of public health.

5. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Seeing a Marxist Progressive who wants to enslave others into a life of oppressive taxation, debt and compel them to pay for another's healthcare...talk about rights and freedoms is just too much.

6. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

Jun 25, 2007
    Ohio
    But your argument to be used for alcohol and cigarettes, you see those being banned in the near future?

7. evlbruce

evlbruce

Nov 3, 2003
    Yes, along with soda bans and trans-fat bans.

8. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    evlbruce
    Proven fact MJ smoking is way worse then Tobacco! But I digress. The OP is feeling regret in his life choices! Maybe he'll come to the realization the Libertard life isn't for him. It is a selfdistructive lifestyle!:rofl:

9. randrew379

randrew379

Jan 21, 2012
    Wrong. Where do you get your facts?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Yes. There is an influcks of stupidity

11. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Irrisputibly.

" The people I voted for are trying to take my freedoms, I'm pissed!!"

12. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    randrew379
    Look at the FDA site and many other Federal reports on it! Do your own research since you adiment it's not true! Hell ask your Doctor!! Proven fact THC has long term detrimental effects on the brain as well. Denial is always the case of users! As a user did you lie when buying your firearms on the 4473? Remember it's a felony to lie on the form!:whistling: Cause being a habitual user is a disqualifier!:faint:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  13. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

Jun 25, 2007
    Ohio
    I would really like to see your evidence on this.

14. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

Jun 25, 2007
    Ohio
    so asking for proof is denile? You make me so many assumptions in this is not even funny. And it doesn't say habitual user it says addicted.

15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    According to the CDC 443,000 people die from smoking tobacco every year.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/

How many people die each year from smoking marijuana? I can't find it.

And screw the 4473

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  16. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Maryland
    I would simply respond to those gun-haters, "Good luck while you are waiting for an officer to save you. The officers normally show up to the scene about 10 to 15 minutes." That should make them to think harder. If they couldn't understand that comment then God help them.

17. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    I get it. You don't want any help from anybody that doesn't agree 100% with you. That's fine. List your beliefs. Find all the people that think exactly like you. Form a coalition and see how far all 1000 of you get.

It's guys just like you and Series that pushed me over to the left in the first place. Always there to take any opportunity to chastise someone for how they differ from you. Enjoy the coming ban. It's probably the only thing that will mobilize you twerps to win another presidential election.

18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Sad when the liberal is hanging out so far to the left, he thinks he's the pro-gun voice. I wonder if he knows Robert "the American press is controlled by the right wing" Kennedy, Jr.

19. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    I don't chastise you for being different. I chastise you for believing that you have a right to stick your hand in my pocket and take whatever you want. Now, your politicians are sticking their hands in again and taking out my gun.

You can't support a big, powerful, collectivist state and not expect that at some point your guns will draw the ire of the collectivists.

Every Marxist government made private gun ownership illegal. That's you folks. YOU may personally like guns but you fail to understand how the balance of your political philosophy contradicts that.