close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Post a picture of your patrol car thread

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Horror, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    long time we had a thread like that, so lets see 'em

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VW Passat 2.0 TDI

brand new, just a couple of weeks old.

but still no new unmarked car for me

[​IMG]

2. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Snaked out of an annual report via print screen button, so quality is not the greatest.

Attached Files:

3. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    Sharp!

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

How you liking them all black cars? Does it get extra dirty fast or hotter in summer?

I doubt any agencies here will move away from the black/white scheme anytime soon. All the cars here look pretty much the same except for the logo/letters.

5. evilwill

evilwill Speaks Jive

Aug 21, 2006
    New York City
    here's the last pic I have of my car. It has seen better days.
    [​IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    I took this one while waiting for dept tow.

6. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I've never had anything different. First agency was all black as well. They show dirt like any other dark car, but I'm not paying for the washes. I can't imagine they get any hotter than a black and white with a black hood.

7. UrbanOps

UrbanOps

Jan 5, 2007
    MO
    Here's my '07 Charger that's getting very tired.

Attached Files:

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

There are a few here that did try the all black theme but only for supervisors and such, like Santa Ana or something down there in the Orange County area. Not sure if it was them but I was in the area and saw an all black Tahoe at night that was POLICE marked. Saw another one that was actually matte black, that might conceal dirt better though.

9. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Maricopa County, AZ SO has all black patrol units for about 8 or so years. It is pretty counter-intuitive in the 120*F/47*C heat.

I'll drag out my camera this week and see what patrol vehicles I can image for the board.

10. CW Mock

CW Mock

Feb 4, 2006
    I'd rather have a black and white myself. We are transitioning from our old Silver Bullets to the new scheme. I will see if I can find a pic later.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. PIMking

PIMking Im weird

Jul 23, 2012
    Alabama
    Where abouts in Germany are you at? I was born in Bad Cannstatt to an American Soldier father and Bavarian mother.

My fiancé's dad just bought a brand new 12 TDi Sportwagen here and it's not a bad car at all. I wouldn't mind having a Passat TDi

12. Horror

Horror Polizei

Aug 31, 2004
    Germany
    Berlin suburbs

13. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
  14. CW Mock

CW Mock

Feb 4, 2006
    I found a link to a pretty good photo someone snapped of a Charger in the new paint in our office lot.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolinajam/7301656802/"]Colorado State Troopers Dodge Charger | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

It doesn't look too bad all in all. Not fond of the big badge, rather have our flying wheel.

15. ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1367178169.415035.jpg
    Here mine. I would prefer all black or an all dark paint job. That white jumps out when you are trying to be sneaky.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. KiloBravo

KiloBravo Lifetime Newb

This is a car from a different troop and station, but they all look alike. We are slowly switching the entire fleet over to the new Ford Interceptor sedan and SUV as the Crown Vics get retired...

[​IMG]

17. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY