close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Possibly purchasing a 228 tomorrow help!!!

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by preasoner, Feb 20, 2010.

1. preasoner

preasoner

May 7, 2009
    MN
    I am looking at a 228 in 9mm that has a stage 2 trigger job and been refinished matt Nickel. Also a steel guide rod. Any opinions on this model??

2. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
    My favorite model of all Sigs.
    Enjoy.
    :supergrin:

3. backbore

backbore

Mar 6, 2003
    Maryland
    I own a 228. Great pistol. Clean it, shoot it, enjoy it. Mine is well worn, all factory. What's a stage 2 trigger job?

4. preasoner

preasoner

May 7, 2009
    MN
    All trigger parts honed and pollished.. Done by grayguns.com

5. montrose1911

montrose1911 Senior Member

May 28, 2004
    9,200' COLORADO
    Any SIG done by Bruce at Grayguns is a solid performer and well worth the price your paying! Buy with confidence!

6. preasoner

preasoner

May 7, 2009
    MN
    Thanks for the help.. This pistol has also been "Cera Hide" refinished by CCR Refinishing..

7. montrose1911

montrose1911 Senior Member

May 28, 2004
    9,200' COLORADO
    Both CCR and Grayguns are both key players at Sigfourm.com, it would be really hard to find anything bad said about either company. There both topnotch companies. I had an old 228 done by CCR 3 years ago and it still looks great. post some pics when you get it.

8. preasoner

preasoner

May 7, 2009
    MN
    Have the 228 in my possesion.. Not real impressed with the finsh but it should be durable.. The trigger is great, possibly a bit light S/A pull I would guess it to be no more than 3lbs. Can't wait to shoot it. Will post pics when I get some

9. preasoner

preasoner

May 7, 2009
    MN
    After contacting CCR and grayguns, CCR has gotten back to me and they did not refinish the 228 that the seller claimed they had. It is my guess that Bruce at grayguns will confirm the same thing. I guess I have been had. Man, I hate when that happens...

10. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    All the more reason to have CCR and Gray fix it. That way you know it's done right. ;)

11. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a Grayguns "two stage trigger job."

I've had Grayguns do a considerable amount of action work on one of my SIGs, and that was never an action option.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  12. Seayall

Seayall

Jun 9, 2009
    I have quite a few Sigs and the 228 is my favorite for sure. And I don't really even like carrying a 9mm. The balance is perfect in my hand. They almost have a cult following over at Sig Forum. My son has already requested that I pass this gun to him.

Enjoy, great shooter.

13. preasoner

preasoner

May 7, 2009
    MN
    I am still looking for a 228/229 or possibly 239. Have a nice Kimber to trade. Anybody interested?