close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Possible NE ohio meet and greet??

Discussion in 'Ohio Glockers' started by jco69, Dec 19, 2011.

1. boozer

boozer
    Expand Collapse

Thanks J, well, whoever is there, who has what I want, gets my money.

I can buy from a lot of people online, prefer in person.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. bug

bug
    Expand Collapse

I am not an Armorer but putting a new connector in is easy I will bring my punches to do it if you want. also will bring my lone wolf manual with me if any one wants to make copies.

3. ignantmike

ignantmike
    Expand Collapse

i'm bringing my g19 and g34 both gen 3.....high standard supermatic citation .22.....i'll see what else.....gotta g20 if anyone wants me to bring it?.....

#523 ignantmike, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  4. TSiWRX

TSiWRX
    Expand Collapse

^ The Costa and Vogel classes are definitely priced as one would expect of trainers of their caliber. Cerino's prices are up there, too: I think he tries to keep it down for us, his locals, but still, they're on the expensive side, even though I do think the price-of-admission is worth the lessons and knowledge conveyed.

The "local" classes aren't so bad, though, but some can turn out to be ammo-intensive, simply depending on the drills run.

And ammo, unfortunately, is what it is! I'm glad I only shoot 9s. :supergrin:

Actually, last year and the year before (the latter is what I'd heard, since I didn't start until November of 2010), you were spot-on: due to the economy, a lot of classes were well less than half full.

#524 TSiWRX, Apr 9, 2012
  5. evilspringer

evilspringer
    Expand Collapse

That's the biggest reason I have started reloading.

6. TSiWRX

TSiWRX
    Expand Collapse

^ I will, but it'll either be that we move to a different house, or after my daughter's moved away.

The way the forced-air is set up in our house, I couldn't safely (for her) do it, in my basement workshop. Our detached garage would be great to work out of, but as with most Shaker homes, it's a tight fit for even just our two cars.

I'm a nerdy scientist by day, and I really do enjoy benchtop work. Reloading appeals to me, in that way.

I know I need to really crank out rounds, in terms of 9s, to make reloading worth it (economically speaking, not in terms of time, which, I understand, you can never get back - but hey, that's why they call it a hobby, right?! :) ). But given how much I shoot a year (last year, it was around 40K rounds), I think it can be a money-saver.

#526 TSiWRX, Apr 9, 2012
  7. bug

bug
    Expand Collapse

Holy **** balls my friends look at me weird when I say I might have shot 7.5k last year. not counting .22

where is that bowing smile...
    yes here it is...

:bowdown:

ETA: you should PM your links to local classes you take, I would like to take some more my self. I have only gone to a few and they are always eye openers and good fun.

#527 bug, Apr 9, 2012
  8. evilspringer

evilspringer
    Expand Collapse

No s**t. That's a lot of rounds!!:bowdown:

9. bug

bug
    Expand Collapse

I bet the UPS guy wants to strangle him.:rofl:

#529 bug, Apr 9, 2012
  10. TSiWRX

TSiWRX
    Expand Collapse

^ No comment. :lol:

-----

and

Really, guys, no need for that smiley! :embarassed: <---- blush.

As I've come to learn, more isn't always better - and truth be told, I honestly believe that about half that was just wasted money sent downrange: me trying to "break through" the barrier of fatigue that, I now understand, isn't like long-distance running...that it's something that you should gradually build up tolerance to, and not try to "break." Given my skill-level and endurance at the beginning and through about half of last year, I think that if I'd shot only half as much, I'd have maybe gained a third more in terms of actual skill. :embarassed: Lesson learned!

I attended somewhere around 60 hours of paid training (not including the Ohio-CHL requirements, of-course), for the pistol, last year, which was also my first year shooting. I figure that being able to carry a concealed firearm was a big responsibility, so I wanted to be sure that I could do it as right as I possibly can. I figure that if I had to pull that gun, and some innocents or even my loved ones were hurt because I did something wrong, well, I'd never be able to live with myself. Between classes, solo range sessions to work on the fundamentals ("homework" :supergrin:), and the need to "prove" each of my carry/HD pistols, well, 40K goes by pretty quick.

My goal for this year is to double my class-time (and not really worry about round-count). I'm on a good pace with the classes I've taken and what I've already locked-in for the spring/summer, but I need to finish strong, to be able to play it out.

And leading to that.....

Over the past year, I've frequented LMI, Commence FireARMS Academy, and Three Tango Firearms Academy. LMI's firearms training arm is temporarily disbanded, because of just that very same economic concern that ronin.45 mentioned - I really hope that Ron brings it back, though, as he's an amazing teacher. Commence FireARMS and Three Tango, though, are both still strong.

I plan to re-take Commence Fire's Advanced Handgun 1 one more time this year, as well as take their AH2 progression.

Chris Cerino's civilian pistol courses are definitely on my "want to do list," too.

I also want to repeat both Defensive Handgun 1 and DH2 with Three Tango.

So far, Commence Fire and Cerino have yet to publish their schedule for this year (the latter, Chris said he's not sure about civilian classes this year - I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though, as he's a really good teacher), and I'm hoping that I'll be able to book Three Tango's DH1 session on May 26th.

#530 TSiWRX, Apr 9, 2012
  11. TSiWRX

TSiWRX
    Expand Collapse

Dangit, jco69, sorry for having taken this thread off-track, yet again! :embarrassed:

Man, when people start talking about training, I just can't help myself!

12. bug

bug
    Expand Collapse

If you had a good time and learned something you did not know, then it was not wasted. if you did not let other things go to do it.

This summer I will be doing a rifle class that will cost me 3000 rounds of 223!
    No regrets just good times with my little girl when she goes and good friends when they go.

Hope to make some more friends on Saturday..
    See you all there.
    I will be the ugly tall blond guy haha.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. rhumphris

rhumphris
    Expand Collapse

I will be there i just took my armorers class last week so i dont have any parts yet. But i can look your 22 over.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

14. ignantmike

ignantmike
    Expand Collapse

in addition to the + connector...do you have a ny1 trigger spring?.....i have a store by me that has a new recoil spring assb...for 10 bucks...and a standard connector for 7 bucks....do you want me to pick them up for you?......let me know......

15. 58duck

58duck
    Expand Collapse

i have an extra NY1 spring if you need one . . .
    i'm looking for a 3.5# connector . . .

16. TSiWRX

TSiWRX
    Expand Collapse

I'll be the ugly fat Chinese guy in jeans, a black T-shirt, and ball-cap. :supergrin::wavey:

17. jco69

jco69
    Expand Collapse

Damn man! Thats what I was going to wear!!:crying:

Guess, I'll be the bald guy in jeans and a black T-shirt :upeyes:

#537 jco69, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  18. evilspringer

evilspringer
    Expand Collapse

Yup, I'll be the short Asian dude wearing jeans and a black t-shirt :rofl:

19. jco69

jco69
    Expand Collapse

I just got off the phone with Gary Clarke from www.samanddavesguncare.com, super nice guy and he makes a great 100% American made product which you'll be able to check out at the meet. He has offered all GT members a 15% discount if you are interested in purchasing. Just give him a call and tell him you are from GT when you order.

Thanks,
    John

#539 jco69, Apr 10, 2012
  20. TSiWRX

TSiWRX
    Expand Collapse

:rofl: @ jco69 and evilspringer

Yeah, I'm pretty much always in a black Old Navy $5 T and Old Navy jeans. I don't really ever have to dress up for work. Actually, they're lucky I put on pants.

#540 TSiWRX, Apr 10, 2012