Possible NE ohio meet and greet??

Discussion in 'Ohio Glockers' started by jco69, Dec 19, 2011.

1. jco69

jco69
    Expand Collapse

Any interest? i'm thinking of maybe having some sort of a meet and greet or an all Glock day at a local range in the spring or summer depending on interest and range availability. maybe try and get some local gun shops to donate door prizes and maybe have a 50/50 drawing of some sort. right now this is just an idea, its still way up in the air as i'm waiting for a responce from the range before i go ahead any further, i just want to see if there would be enough interest.

@@ UPDATE @@ A & A Shooting Range in Garrettsville, Ohio has been reserved for the event on Saturday April 14, 2012. Registration begins at 9:00am, event ends at 4:00pm. They have an indoor pistol range and 4 outdoor ranges available (skeet, 100 yard, 200 yard and paintball) Lots of sponsorship/donation commitments have already been made, should be a great event!

***$10 per GT member, $5 per extra guest***

MONEY NEEDS TO BE IN ASAP SO I CAN GET IT AND FINAL DETAILS TO A&A

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 jco69, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Adjuster

Adjuster
    Expand Collapse

Wish I was in the area. And I would vote for the outdoor range. I know its a Glock thing But its always nice to see other firearms and get a chance to shoot other firearms. The outdoor range is needed for the rifles. And if there is a skeet/trap area even better.

3. ronin.45

ronin.45
    Expand Collapse

I'd probably come. Maybe Larry will let you use the second smaller range in North Jackson. They also have a banquet style room that you could use for lunch/drawings etc.

4. debbert

debbert
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't mind attending, if my schedule is free on the date that you end up choosing.

5. jco69

jco69
    Expand Collapse

There is a skeet area, i forgot about that :) i'm still waiting for an answer if renting the club for a day is even possible and it wont cost a fortune. depending on which range says its ok, it could be an outdoor "gun day" or just a simple meet, greet, and shoot at the indoor range. it might come down to charging say $5-$10 per person to cover renting the range and that would include food and drinks. again this is all an idea for now, i'll have to wait and see what happens but i will update as i know more.

6. jco69

jco69
    Expand Collapse

I haven't called Larry yet, but thats exactly what i was thinking! American Indoor would be perfect for a smaller meet and greet with some food and door prizes or whatever. i'll give him a call or maybe stop in there after the holidays and see waht he says.

7. KenB22

KenB22
    Expand Collapse

I'd be interested.

8. Dr.Crash

Dr.Crash
    Expand Collapse

Count me in

9. glock21xxx

glock21xxx
    Expand Collapse

Count me in, also!

10. 58duck

58duck
    Expand Collapse

i'll drive a coupla hours to attend . . . provided it's on a saturday :thumbsup:

not sure, but you may want to try this in the 'main room' - "WhereULive" thread . . .

#10 58duck, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  11. Oaklane

Oaklane
    Expand Collapse

I'd make it, if the date was open for me. Thanks for trying to set it up.
    Regards, Mike

12. Islander1

Islander1
    Expand Collapse

One more from the NW side.

13. NEOH212

NEOH212
    Expand Collapse
    Diesel Girl

I might be interested.

14. Engineer

Engineer
    Expand Collapse

Cleveland area here. I'd be interested.

15. PolyGunSlinger

PolyGunSlinger
    Expand Collapse

Same here,sounds fun. :cool:

16. jco69

jco69
    Expand Collapse

Well, one of the outdoor ranges is out, got the snotty reply i was kind of expecting! the other big outdoor range/shooting club is in Salem, i kind of expect the same reply from them too but we'll see. worst case, i'll have to come up with a date first, but talk to Larry at American Indoor range and see about using their conference/banquet room and maybe try and reserve half or maybe the whole range. if that doesn't come through we can always do a meet and greet at a restaurant and have dinner and draw names for prizes or whatever. i have emails out to a bunch of companies to try and get Glock related prizes so we'll see what happens. i keep you updated when i find out more.

17. greyeyezz

greyeyezz
    Expand Collapse

18. 58duck

58duck
    Expand Collapse

this sounds like you're off to a good start. hope you don't mind a few of us nor'westers infiltrating (islander1, oaklane, and myself)

i should be able to provide some of the prizes, too :af:

19. smokin762

smokin762
    Expand Collapse

I used to go there, every other weekend. It’s a fun place to shoot. They have huge earth mover tires that you can staple your target too. The tires are set at 25, 50, 75 and 100 yards. It’s set up the same way on the 200 yard range.

I took my last computer there as a target. They have a dumpster for you to throw away your garbage after you’re done.

It's a fun place.

20. hamster

hamster
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

So you can use whatever you want there as targets? Awesome! What about the target distance? I've shot at the state park range but there you had to use paper targets only at the birm (25 yards). That is a heck of a shot with a small pistol and gets boring very fast when you can't see your hits till a ceasefire is called.