close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Possible Glock Extraction fix

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by packman, Aug 5, 2012.

1. packman

packman

Well, with two Glock Armorers in one house hold, we have managed to find a solution for the weak extraction folks have been having. Glock has been putting out newer Gen 4 9mm pistols with the #30274 Ejector for a few months now. But, as well all know, people are still complaining. The new Generation 3 pistols (9mm) are still very much a problem, and the most simple solution is swapping out #336 for a #30274. Even then, problems of brass hitting people in the face are a huge trend on this forum. So, here was our solution to this problem. We first took out the current MIM Dip LCI extractor and replaced it with a Milled Non-LCI 40/357 Extractor. After that we replaced the EDP spring loaded bearing with one made for a 9mm Non-LCI. This resulted in not only in a perfect range session, but for me is the answer to this problem. Glock simply need to go back and make milled extractors again. No if, ands, or buts about it. I shoot 200 rounds down range, I had one fly completely over my head ( 6 o'clock extraction). I also had one very weak extraction that I am giving up to the horrible way ammo manufactors are loading ammunition these days to cut corners. Other than that everything was constant and nothing came remotely near my face. I have attached a link below to a video, that will show you my extraction I was having. Everything was to the 3- 3:30ish. You will also see that this solves one other problem Glocks have been plagued with. When there is a round in the chamber, but no magazine is present in the pistol, there is a 75% chance of stove pipes, or failures to extract. I fired 35 rounds back to back, loading and then dropping the mag, and never once had it give me a lick of trouble. There you guys guys, I know this was a wall of text, but if you have questions I will be more then glad to answer.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/CEcAi2JrG5Y

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. SpeedyG17

SpeedyG17

I was wondering when I would see this thread. Oddly enough I saw you at the range today testing that configuration out.

It works! I saw it with my own two eyes!

3. tacops5372

tacops5372

My G17 gen4 early production gave me all sorts of havoc. I replaced the ejector with a #1882 from a G22 3rd gen. Then replaced my LCI and load bearing spring from LWD. Bought the most updated trigger as well for that stupid issues of field stripping. Went to range and no more issues..

4. packman

packman

Is your LCI extractor the one made by Lonewolf, and does the spring loaded bearing you bought have a thin head, or the thicker one?

5. glockenturm

glockenturm

6. packman

packman

You sure, it is working fine for me when I click on the link.

7. normal.guy

normal.guy

good work packman.

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Yea, I got one.

Buy a better gun!

:whistling:

9. Bruce M

Bruce M

:rofl::rofl:

10. PAGunner

PAGunner

The problem with this solution is, where are we supposed to find older non-LCI .40 extractors? They don't make them anymore and I don't believe any company has them stockpiled in significant enough quantities to replace on all recent problematic Glocks.

Have you been able to try the new non-dip extractor? I'm hoping this really is close to a solution, I'm hoping Glock makes this extractor for the .40 as well, since BTF/EE is still an isssue with these guns albeit not the problem the 9mm is.

At least Apex will be dropping the failure resistant extractor for 9mm Glocks soon, I'm certain this will be a viable fix.

11. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:thumbsup: You got that right; but, in the 10 years that I've owned Glock pistols I've found Glock, Inc./GmbH to be an incredibly stubborn, Teutonic corporation. They'll do it cheap; they'll do it their own way; they won't hesitate to lie to a customer; (almost any customer) and they really don't care if you get hurt while using one of their, 'for crap' pistols.

The redeeming value? The Glock design is remarkably easy to figure out and repair at home. There have been days when I was positive that Glock pistols are, indeed, 'Hitler's revenge'. In fact my own early experiences with Glock G-21's were genuinely, 'life or death' threatening. I was very lucky to get through this early period of ownership unscathed; and if the Georgia State Patrol and the Portland Police Bureau hadn't finally gotten sick and tired of Glock's incessant line of bullcrap and filed a joint suit in order to force Glock to fix their G-21's, I very much doubt I'd own a Glock pistol today.

I'll keep my present Glocks. I've been very lucky; had an interesting opportunity to participate in the, 'cult experience' of this gun forum; and I've learned just about everything I need to know in order to keep my German plastic pistols up and running. I, also, spend about 2.5 times the cost of an original factory-stock Glock in order to bring a new Glock up to the high level of performance I expect from any of my firearms.

Truthfully, after all the Glock forum reading I've done I don't know how some of you guys put up with Glock, GmbH and their greedy, almost mischievous corporate shenanigans. Glock is truly a company whose products have steadily evolved at their customers' expense; and, whether good or bad, most of those unwittingly self-employed product developers have been Americans.

PS: Yes, before someone goes, 'off the deep end' I know that Glock is an Austrian company. What most people don't realize is that, 'Austria' is just another way to say Germany; and, in English, 'Deutsch-Wagram' literally means, 'German town'. If you're up on European history then you, also, know that Hitler, himself, was ....... :supergrin:

12. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

your DAMN RIGHT!!!!!......:cool:

Hope it works for you OP, but you should not HAVE to dick around with the gun to get it to operate the way it SHOULD...

and would like to see the results after you put another several hundred rounds through it...

13. simotek

simotek

14. frostyicy

frostyicy

On Thursday I went to the gun range with Gen 3 G19 and was speaking with the range master and he was a glock armorer (I had no idea) 3 years removed.

I told him about my problems he went into a box of glock parts and lo and behold he had a non dipped non lci extractor. He did not have a spring loaded bearing but he stated that it wouldn't hurt to put a few down the pipe to test it out.

I only put 50 rounds down and only 2 btf (I attribute this to my excitement and possible limpwristing) as opposed to my outing before that with 50 rounds and 28 erratic ejection with 13 to the face.

I ordered a spring loaded bearing on friday to work with it. Also order another extractor. Hopefully this will add the additional mechanics I need to fully stop btf issues.

I will let you guys know how this works for me when my spring loaded arrives.

15. packman

packman

Yes, I currently have my hands on the Newest non-dip LCI extractor. I havent had the chance to run one yet, but I will be able to do soo very soon. While this is true that Apex will be dropping their's very shortly, there is a great chance that these won't be avalible in the amount needed to handle everyones extraction issues when it first hits the market. I do have great faith in Randy as the man is extremely capable of making some if not the best aftermarket parts ever. Time will tell all in this matter.

16. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Excellent post
    Glock(along with many other company's) is notorious for flat out denying a problem exists, sometimes for years. They've lied to PD's , customers, you name it, often denying legitimate problems.
    People need to understand if your using a glock for duty, SD, concealed carry, whatever- /if/ you happen to have a problematic gun(or one that's fine) and in a time where milliseconds count, it stovepipes due to a problem that doesn't exist according to them(or just bad luck) and cost you your life- glock could give two s@*%s.
    They would care only when/if it directly or indirectly costs them money

PAgunner- I have the non-dip which glock recently put in my 19, got around 600 rounds of various ammo and going to the range in a few hours, will update later with results.

17. PAGunner

PAGunner

Well I for one would be interested in hearing the results of testing the new non dip extractor. Please, fill us in on how that extractor performs, might influence my purchasing decision.

18. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Agree with all of the above. Anxiously waiting for Apex to fix my "Perfect" gun. :popcorn:

19. kaech

kaech

^^ HEY I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING BYE BYE??...NO.. YOUR GONNA JUST LINGER AROUND AND TROLL??:yawn:

20. SJ 40

SJ 40

All I know for sure is Apex better be making them by the truckload. SJ 40