close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

positive OC

Discussion in 'Grand Canyon Glockers' started by Azjeeper, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Azjeeper

Azjeeper

May 28, 2007
    I always read stories about negative experiences. I open carry every now and then and never had any real negative experiences, am I the only one? anyway Im looking for any positive open carry stories anyone might have.

2. andersmg

andersmg

Jul 24, 2007
    Dyersburg, TN
    I have recently started OC'ing and so far I have had no problems at all. I am getting used to it actually..

3. Azjeeper

Azjeeper

May 28, 2007
    So nobodys gotten a thumbs up or a right on? or any sort of positve comment?

4. Cousin

Cousin Gambel's Quail

Jul 15, 2006
    The Arizona Desert
    I think "tasteful" open carry is not so much of a stare-getter here in AZ as this IS an open carry state. But, based upon my silent observations of people, some private citizens DO go a bit overboard out here with the wannabe tactical or camo or swagger look. I believe any of those "looks" visually intimidates the average non-gun person and, with perception being reality for many, sends the entirely wrong message about handguns and TRTKBA. Also, a few open carry handgunners seem to revel in wearing T-shirts and other stuff with inappropriate and expletive-deleted messages on them about their guns and TRTKBA, my cold dead fingers, etc. There's a time and place for everything and IMO, discretion IS the better part of valor. I don't believe that I compromise any of my rights by being considerate of others and discreet in my behavior. I'm not out to prove anything to anyone by carrying a gun whether open or concealed. Naturally, everyone is different and some may feel otherwise.

5. Daryl in Az

Daryl in Az Enjoying life!

Aug 31, 2007
    Lost
    I carried openly before Arizona became a shall issue state, and I still carry openly often enough.

Never had a problem with it, and it's more comfortable for me in warm weather.

I agree with the above post about discression being the better part of valor. I'm not out to prove anything, either carrying or not. I wear a handgun like I wear a belt and blue jeans.

Nobody really even seems to notice, and that's just fine with me.

Daryl

6. afdefender

afdefender

Jan 25, 2004
    Glendale, AZ
    I open carry on almost a daily basis, seeing as how I do not have my ccw yet. I have never had any reactions, one way or the other. On a side note if anybody knows of a good (informative) ccw course in Tucson, I would apprectiate any info.

Travis

7. Glocker 4 Life

Glocker 4 Life Sudden Impact

Sep 14, 2007
    Arizona
    I OC all the time as well. Most people in this state don't give it a second thought, as there so many people now OC'ing.

I walked into a supermarket the other day and saw an elder lady (approx 60yrs young) with 2 six shooters on the hips.. reminded me of Annie Oakley only doing her shopping instead LOL.

Scott