close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ported barrel for G35

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CaneyCat, Aug 1, 2012.

1. CaneyCat

CaneyCat

In the next few days I'm planning on ordering a Lone Wolf ported barrel for my G35 and I was wondering if anyone has one and can give some feed back on if they like it, or maybe a good quality barrel from a different company that's better or cheaper and maybe some pictures.

Any feed back is appreciated.

:50cal:

2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

I had one for an old G35 I use to own and I liked it. Never gave me any issues.

There are other manufacturers like KKM, Storm Lake, and Barsto as well, in no particular order.

Lone Wolff has always been priced well, but their QC has been hit or miss, there is a thread somewhere else on their QC as of late, I haven't owned a LW barrel in quite some time, but waiting on one for my Gen 4 G21 SF, it's taking a while because I wanted them to coat it black.

The other recent barrel acquisition for me was the Barsto for my G20SF, seems like a great barrel, great fit and finish, but I have yet to shoot it.

3. J-Lo

J-Lo

I just dropped a 4 port internal LWD 40-9 conversion barrel in my G35. Really like it but the combination of heavy slide, pressure bleed and light ammo was causing some stovepipes. It could run well but not consistently. Only ran a bx through but am now looking to pick up a reduced power recoil spring to ensure it will cycle. LWD was fine although I had to call them to ask a ew questions before ordering online. I wanted it blind marked and ported. Their ordering system is less than intuitive (at least for me) so I called to make sure I didn't get the wrong item. Good quality product for the price.

4. CaneyCat

CaneyCat

Thanks for the info. Is the recoil/muzzle flip noticeable lower then a non ported gun? Also how much fire will come out of the ports at night? I some times use my 35 for a side arm when I'm hog hunting, I can always just use my G23 as a side arm if it will cause night blindness like I think it will :p

5. J-Lo

J-Lo

Yes, recoil was noticeably lower. Very smooth shooting. I only shot in daylight but could see significant volume of gas being expelled upward. Would imagine it would be a pretty good light show in the dark.