close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ported 17L (1st gen & 2nd gen) FS on AA

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Clem, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Clem

Clem

Selling my ported 17Ls on Auction Arms. One 1st gen. and one 2nd gen (the only one I've seen). AA # for the 1st gen. is 7508455; 2nd gen. is 7508442. Just wanted friends that frequent this part of GT to know about them! Thanks. Tony Clemens.

2. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Hey Tony, I think I know that 2nd Gen 17L. ;)

3. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I am working on one but I worry it will exceed what I can pay as opposed to what it is worth. :)

4. Sandman_NC

Sandman_NC

I really like that 1st gen. ;)

Thanks for the heads up! :)

5. TJC

1st Gen is nice and I like all of the 1st Gen guns. But the 2nd gen gun was actually in less numbers.

Something tells me I should have kept that gun. :shakehead:

6. Clem

Clem

Hi Tom! Just so you know, I was looking thru the safe last week & saw the two 17Ls in the back. They'd been there since I bought them & of course I'd never fired them (they'd been fired before but not by me). Just decided to let them find happy homes, so I took them to work & had our internet sales guy put them on for me. No reserve amounts, just let them go for whatever they bring. Figured they wouldn't go for as much as I had in them, but they're doing me no good by sitting, and I'm getting over the "collecting" sickness I've suffered from for years :) . I sincerely hope you don't feel disrespected in any way by me putting the 2nd gen. up for sale, for that's something I'd never intentionally do, and I hope you know that. (BTW, I was out of town the last two days. That's why I haven't written until now. Take care & be in touch). Tony.

7. TJC

Tony,
    No problem at all. I've been doing the same thing with my safe. Selling and reinvesting if you will in SxS's that I use for hunting. In the process now of trying to off a few things to get a Sporting Clays O/U gun.
    I've got stuff that I don't and most likely won't shoot anytime soon. If ever.

That's why I got rid of almost all the Glocks that I had (42 of them) at one time. Including Big Blue. But Jerry is putting him to good use. The collecting thing just wasn't anything after I had them all. LOL

Later my friend.

TJC

8. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Tony;

I have been thinking about the same thing. I don't have near the number you or Tom have but I have several in my safe that I just don't shoot. There is nothing wrong with any of them but you kinda lean towards a few that you like to shoot more than others and usually the others just set there in the safe taking up space.:cool:

9. Clem

Clem

Exactly, Don. Are we gonna see y'all in Lubbock? Sure hope y'all get to make it. Looks like travel expenses are gonna let Donna & myself do only the Texas matches this year (Mingus, Lubbock, San Antone). I'm having withdrawals!! :supergrin: :supergrin: Take care & tell everyone we said "Hello"!!! Tony.

10. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

As long as Mother Nature don't toss a hurricane in on us we will make Lubbock. We have allreservations all made. We fly in on Friday about 10:30 a.m., stay at the Hampton at 4003 Loop and then fly out Sunday afternoon. We have San Antonio on our schedule as always and plan on Mingus if it is on the new schedule next year. I had to miss that one this year because of all my water damage and contractors working but hopefully we wont have to go through that again. Really looking forward to seeing y'al soon. We went to the Jackson match and have reservations all confirmed for the Topton match as long as Mother Nature co-operates.